My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA work

Belcher

All 3 at once

I turned mine in sec. The first part took me almost 3 months to learn. The 2nd and 3rd were a month
Each. Had to learn The questions and answers. Well worth it. I believe that is where you find out if your
Heart is in masonry. I am from a very small lodge,and when in lodge it feels like everyone there is family.

crono782

Premium Member
My instructor asked if I wanted to learn the questions. Since I was doing all three sections and I already knew about 30% of the questions, we decided to forego learning both for the time being.

Mindovermatter Ace

At my lodge there is a lecture pamphlet either given or purchased next door to the lodge at the temple shop. It has the entire Q&A portion. All of which must be committed to memory before moving to the next degree. I'm not sure if I need to remember everything because I haven't went through proficiency yet and am only an EA. but just in case I'm trying to remember everything.

scialytic

Premium Member
You'll have to remember it anyway if you want to Work in the Degrees. Best to get it all down so that when you need it, you've got a solid foundation. Plus, memorizing does wonders for your brain and increasing activity. With so much TV now-a-days...you've got to get those neurons firing somehow!

crono782

Premium Member
Hah, no joke. Learning the work was like a small addiction. It was a challenge to my brain and it kept wanting more content to learn. I'm eager at the prospect of instructing one day or doing degree work.