My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entered my petition the other night.

CLewey44

That’s what investigation committees are for. In NM they can stop a petition before it gets to vote. And if he was blackballed in the same jurisdiction the GL should pass that on to all secretaries. There’s a time limit on blackballing, and having the same curmudgeon from the previous lodge come stalk you a year or two later is bogus.

I hear you, but if a Mason is taking the time to go to another lodge for the sole purpose of blackballing someone, there is probably a pretty good reason and stalking would not be one of them.

Edit: I dont remeber the exact phrasing but something about MMs having "all th rts lts ad bfs of ths ldg or ay ldg of MMs udr the UGLE" again, cant remember the exact phrasing but some other GLofOK MMs could get it right.

Last edited:

Bloke

Premium Member
I hear you, but if a Mason is taking the time to go to another lodge for the sole purpose of blackballing someone, there is probably a pretty good reason and stalking would not be one of them.

Edit: I dont remeber the exact phrasing but something about MMs having "all th rts lts ad bfs of ths ldg or ay ldg of MMs udr the UGLE" again, cant remember the exact phrasing but some other GLofOK MMs could get it right.
So here, only members of the Lodge can vote - with one exception, the Tyler cannot - because he has not heard the discussion.

We have a different mechanism, we must send notice to at least 4 other lodges (and the Grand Sec) the man is joining. Any Freemason in the State can write to the Grand Sec to object to the election of the Man as a candidate for Freemasonry. It is rare, but does happen.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member

Perhaps, but a year or two later the original objections are probably no longer valid.

Capricornguy

I was emailed my petition was accepted and will be investigated. I hope it turns out well. I don't have any "crimes of moral turpitude", but I do have a contempt of court conviction from a family civil/criminal dispute on my record regarding real estate transactions from when I was in my younger 20s.(long story don't ask). However I am completely open and honest about the whole situation and with my life. I've got really nothing to hide.

What should I wear?

David612

I was emailed my petition was accepted and will be investigated. I hope it turns out well. I don't have any "crimes of moral turpitude", but I do have a contempt of court conviction from a family civil/criminal dispute on my record regarding real estate transactions from when I was in my younger 20s.(long story don't ask). However I am completely open and honest about the whole situation and with my life. I've got really nothing to hide.

What should I wear?
Having worked in realestate I can appreciate any number of good reasons for that to be on file...
As per what to wear, I recommend pants ;)

Well in all seriousness speak with your contact at the lodge, as the dress code varies from black tie to flip flops and singlets.

Thomas Stright

Premium Member
So here, only members of the Lodge can vote - with one exception, the Tyler cannot - because he has not heard the discussion.

Our Tyler is called in after the JD votes and is filled in before voting.

We have a different mechanism, we must send notice to at least 4 other lodges (and the Grand Sec) the man is joining. Any Freemason in the State can write to the Grand Sec to object to the election of the Man as a candidate for Freemasonry. It is rare, but does happen.

This seems odd to me...

David612

I saw this happen a bout a year and a bit back after the applicant had been being black balled

Winter

Premium Member
There's a paper here somewhere on whether the earliest balloting materials were balls or cubes and why some jurisdictions changed.