My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Degree?

Favorite Degree?

• EA

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • FC

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • MM

Votes: 32 35.2%

• Total voters

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
You have mentioned that you are not a member of our family but that you are interested in becoming one. As such you should not read about the content of the degrees. It spoils the surprise and reduces the emotional impact.
I totally agree. When I was researching Masonry prior to joining I purposefully avoided descriptions of rituals as I wanted to experience it first hand.

Kenneth NC Mason

For me, I like all of my degrees for different reasons

My EA degree, I had a Bro. Virginia and one from Maryland at my degree. On relieving light, having those two there standing next to me made my feel like I was a part of something bigger than myself.

FC...the lecture! I loved it so much that it was the first thing I learned once I was raised in Feb 2015

MM...well...

I have an Uncle from Ohio who I hadn't seen in 8 years...his dad ( my moms step dad ) was the reason I wanted to become a mason. Unfortunately my Grandfather died of cancer before he could see me petition. But, on his death bed, he told my uncle he wanted me to have his ring,

So, on the day I was raised,

My uncle from VA was the third ruffian

My step dad ( PDDGM in NC, and my catechism coach) put on the first and second sections along with my EA and FC degrees

And my Uncle from Ohio raised me

After I was raised , he slipped my grandfathers ring on my finger.

I go home after the degree, and lo and behold, I have some " pennies from Heaven " lying on the floor

A very moving day I'd say

Canadian Paul

I couldn't possibly pick out one degree being more 'favoured' than the rest - the each have special features, both from the point of view of when I received them and also from participating in conferring them. One that really made an enduring impression on me when I received it is not, properly speaking, a 'degree'. It was the Ceremony of the Board of Installed Masters that I received when Installed as Master of my lodge.