My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida Presenting English Certificates?

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
I've taken this out of the other topic as it would derail things but I am quite concerned and would really like some clarification regarding the comment below:
When you give back your MM chetichism you get a certificate ofrecognition from the grand lodge of England with a seal on it, and a burial apron, entitling you to a masonic funeral.
Is this accurate? Or is it just a bit of confusion from a newly minted Master mason?

Levelhead

Premium Member
There are members in my lodge that have them framed in their home!! Ive seen them.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
I'm sorry but you are getting confused. You cannot be issued a certificate from the Grand Lodge of England unless (like me) you are a member of a Lodge under the Grand Lodge of England.

On completion of your third degree you will be presented with a Master Mason's certificate from the Grand Lodge of Florida, the Grand Lodge under which you are a Freemason.

The Grand Lodge of England does not recognise you as a Freemason but it recognises your GRAND LODGE, which has warranted your Lodge, as regular.

Levelhead

Premium Member
Hmmm i will take a picture of it as it sits on my mentors wall. I was sure it said the Grand Lodge Of England. I will check it and confirm!

We dont receive a certificate after being raised, ONLY after giving back the MM Chechtichism.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Bro. Martin is a member of a Lodge under UGLE. I would think that he would know UGLE's actual policies. Of course, UGLE would probably like to know if any other GL is using its name or claiming some sort of specific certificates authorized by or from UGLE.

crono782

Premium Member
I thought that strange too. Almost akin to me getting a certificate from the GL of Ohio after being raised in TX. ;)

Levelhead

Premium Member
When i was told that , i figured since the U grand lodge of england is the highest authority it was some sort or honary certificate from the "higher ups" lightly spoken.

dfreybur

Premium Member
When I presented my MM proficiency I received a wallet size certificate signed by the major officers of the lodge. I still have it tucked into my SR passport. There was also an optional presentation size version that I ordered from GL. Both listed the name of my own GL.

Maybe, just maybe, there is some GL out there traces its lineage back to when its oldest American ancestor jurisdiction was recognized by the mother jurisdictions Antients, Moderns, Ireland and/or Scotland and uses a copy of a certificate in use at that time. I do notice the name "Grand Lodge of England" was used not "United Grand Lodge of England". It was the "Grand Lodge of England" (Premier or Moderns) that issued the original charter for African 459 which still exists.

I would not expect any regular jurisdiction to do this. I think it is a mistaken detail in memory. But, it is not to be unexpected that a clandestine jurisdiction would make up such a certificate as yet another faked attempt as asserting regularity.

Certainly certificates from the Grand Lodge of Florida don't say England. Certainly certificates from the Most Worshipful Union Grand Lodge Prince Hall Affiliated don't say England. Any other GL in Florida is clandestine and most of its members won't even be aware of that fact.

Levelhead

Premium Member
To my knowledge GL of Florida issues no such thing.

Well you have been informed wrong ,and if your a MM in good standing that HAS given back your chatachism you should contact the GLOF and request yours.

Heres one of my brothers .

AND I STAND CORRECTED it is not from the grand Lodge of England but indeed from the grand Lodge of Florida.

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1407437653.970010.jpg

Reactions: MBC

Zack

Well you have been informed wrong ,and if your a MM in good standing that HAS given back your chatachism you should contact the GLOF and request yours.

Heres one of my brothers .

AND I STAND CORRECTED it is not from the grand Lodge of England but indeed from the grand Lodge of Florida.

View attachment 4294

I should have been more clear. I was referring to a certificate issued by UGLE.
I see nothing in the GL of Fl certificate that mentions anything about proficiency. This is a standard certificate for all MM.

So please pardon me Levelhead.

Levelhead

Premium Member
Its all good brother ! Standard for a MM WHO gave back his chetachism!