My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who fish...

Beathard

Premium Member
Your kidding right? I grew up on Galveston Island. The best fishing is during the beginning of a Hurricane. You stop when the fish stop biting, not when the wind gets to high. They will let you know when it is time to seek shelter. If they don't, you probably will die with the best stringer of your life. 8)

BTW, it is also the best surfing!

MikeMay

Premium Member
Oh, I'm not kidding...I fished last weekend, windy enough to get wind burned...I was watching people pack up before it was up to 30 mph....seriously...

I always thought it was stop when the fish stop biting...guess these people were from north of the Mason-Dixon Line...

Beathard

Premium Member
We always fish the gales and hurricanes. It's probably a little redneck, but my favorite memories are from high wind fishing.

MikeMay

Premium Member
As long as there isn't lightning....some things I just won't tempt! I'll fish as long as I can see. I was just wondering if anyone else headed in early...

MikeMay

Premium Member
I think I have an open weekend coming up at the end of the month....soon as the "round2its" get down that I put off...

jwhoff

Premium Member
I always thought it was stop when the fish stop biting...guess these people were from north of the Mason-Dixon Line...

Can't be all to sure of that either. It blows like hell on The Lakes ... even for ice fishers.

MikeMay

Premium Member
I went Ice Fishing once...nice little hut on the lake, refrigerator, tv...it can blow all it wants if the hut is staked down to the ice! All though my friends dad parked on some thinning ice and...well...that truck went to the bottom of the lake.

SC Heston

Premium Member
Went fishing this weekend down in Port Lavaca at the Lighthouse Pier. These little beauties were brought ashore along with a just too small Gafftopsail Catfish and far too numerous Hardhead Catfish and Pinfish to count. This is the first time I have fished saltwater and now I'm "hooked".

2011_06_04_Fishing_Trip.jpg

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
That's one thing I miss about living in Florida. I used to go fishing every chance I got either on the beaches and doing some surf-casting or in the intercoastal waterways. We used to catch Sheepshead by the dozens and the redfish on the intercoastal. Wow, I am really missing it now that I think about it.

Beathard

Premium Member
This is my last trip down. My son Trey caught the large spinner. Our friend Trinity caught the blacktip. It was one of several doubles. We caught and released 64 sharks of 5 species in 4 hours. BTW, it was about a mile of Stewart Beach I'm Galveston.

Attachments

• image-3623478897.png
    image-3623478897.png
    838.7 KB · Views: 587

nwendele

Another vote for no such thing as too windy! It does, however, curtail my drift fishing for cats when the boat is blowing a solid 10-15 knots across the water!

jwhoff

Premium Member
That's one thing I miss about living in Florida. I used to go fishing every chance I got either on the beaches and doing some surf-casting or in the intercoastal waterways. We used to catch Sheepshead by the dozens and the redfish on the intercoastal. Wow, I am really missing it now that I think about it.

You must feel like it's closing in on you up there in "land-locked estates." Man, when I get more than 70 miles away from salt water I start to blemish! Really!

:confused1: