My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found this old ring in a wall

rue

Hi I found this old ring in a wall in a home I am remodeling. Ive spent hour looking to find any info on it with no luck. Any info is greatly appreciated. I dont see any markings other then the symbol.
924E0E90-6A27-43AA-A949-19DE8976E476.jpeg
1FEC0712-5DEB-4A32-A720-69611A869C3E.jpeg

rue

Yeah in a very old house. I tried to ask the owners if they knew who it could have belonged to, to return it. The ring appears very old so possibly deceased. They wanted nothing to do with it for some odd reason. Now im just trying to find out about how old it is and its history

Last edited:

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
The only way to find out how old it is would be if it is hallmarked and to be hallmarked it needs to be made from silver or gold. I suspect there no hallmarks as it looks like it's made of steel, so it's just a guessing game. It also looks like a homemade jobby and the engraving isn't all that.

You've got an interesting but pretty valueless (moneywise) ring there.

Last edited:

CLewey44

Yeah in a very old house. I tried to ask the owners if they knew who it could have belonged to, to return it. The ring appears very old so possibly deceased. They wanted nothing to do with it for some odd reason. Now im just trying to find out about how old it is and its history
What country are you in?

Brother RG

Great find, probably something made to show their membership in the craft and not so much as a monetary statement. Nothing flashy but definitely
a gem find, maybe check if there is a nearby lodge in that area and ask one of the older members if they remember a brother wearing that ring. With no markings it will be difficult to get any info on that. But great find overall