Fountain Pens

Discussion in 'The Voting Booth' started by Companion Joe, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

Does anyone use a fountain pen? I recently purchased a coupe of cheap disposable fountain pens and like the way they write. It makes your signature look very nice. I am now in the market for a nice keeper fountain pen that will last a long time. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer to keep it under $60.
    I have been looking at a Parker IM Premium that looks very nice but have also read good things about a Parker Frontier. I want something with a classic design. It seems like with everything else in life, if you ask 100 different people their opinion of a certain item, you'll get 97 different takes.

2. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Yes, I do, having learned to use them as a boy. I quite like Cross, bit one of my best is a cheap one from WH Smith.

jwhoff likes this.
  3. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

Another pen I am looking at is the Sheaffer 100. It seems to get good reviews.

4. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

I vote Cross over Sheaffer but wouldn't dispose of either.

Yes, they are much more pleasurable to write with than all but a very few ballpoint pens.

5. Trufflehound

Trufflehound Registered User

I use a TWSBI 580AL, and I have a Kaweco Skyline Sport Mint on order. I love how clean and decisive Letters are when using a fountain pen. I probably won't go back to regular pens.

6. Roy Vance

Roy Vance Certified Premium Member

I honestly did not think that a fountain pen could still be obtained. I guess I have been too sheltered in the last few years. I would rather use a fountain pen or even an old cartridge pen than a regular ball point.

7. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

I have a Sheaffer White Dot I got on e-bay, a few from an online seller who's name escapes me, and a couple from Noodlers, where I get my ink.

8. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

I have a very nice Cross fountain pen. The only problem is that if it isn't used for a while, the ink in the nib dries and clogs things up. Getting it clean and flowing again is a pain. Mine is just like this one:

[​IMG]

Share My Freemasonry