My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freemasonry Stereotypes from non brothers

MaineMason

Exactly! Isn't it strange that these non-Masons know all about these nefarious plans of ours but the millions of Masons around the world are completely in the dark concerning these things?

Yeah, they know everything, apparently, except the truth. It's easy to hoodwink others when you're hoodwinked yourself. ;)

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
You mean to tell me that after all the money I paid after all the hard work and studying I did there's no sugarplum fairy , I don't get out of speeding tickets , the degrees don't go all the way to 360 they stop at 33 , I don't grow horns and develop the ability to fly ...oh that's rights you only learn about that after you become part of the inner circle lol smh..oh well

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
You mean to tell me that after all the money I paid after all the hard work and studying I did there's no sugarplum fairy , I don't get out of speeding tickets , the degrees don't go all the way to 360 they stop at 33 , I don't grow horns and develop the ability to fly ...oh that's rights you only learn about that after you become part of the inner circle lol smh..oh well
Yeah, according to the anti-Masons only the very "high ranking" Masons know these things.

Raymond Walters

Premium Member
Yeah, according to the anti-Masons only the very "high ranking" Masons know these things.

"High ranking" Masons??? I AM personally less inclined to listen to any so-called high ranking Mason... experience has shown that often those are the members that have personal agendas of self-aggrandizement rather than contributing something to the Craft and society.

I AM hard-pressed to see any nefarious plans or takeovers from individuals that cannot follow regulations they freely obligated themselves to follow. Apparently, too much is left up to interpretation and proper application - which most often doesn't happen.

Learning how to use the tools will take one farther than anticipated.

Just my opinion...

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
As a former fundamentalist Christian I understand their dislike for freemasonry. Most of what was said was outright lies or conspiracy speculation that suited the needs of those with an agenda as leaders in the church. It also helped "prove" their understanding of the "end times" and the book of Revelation. The Freemasons and the NWO fit the ideal "bad guys".

To be honest, I'm actually surprised to hear of so many fundamentalist Christians who are also Freemasons since I remember that a big part of fundamentalism is that Christians aren't suppose to fellowship with unbelievers (or non-fundamentalist Christians for that matter). Dominionism played a big part and we were constantly told that Christians were to win the world for Jesus and were supposed to rule and reign in the earth.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App
One point that you made that jumped out at me was "I remember that a big part of fundamentalism is that Christians aren't supposed to fellowship with unbelievers". To me this jives with my take on this. Almost all of the articles that I have read where Christians rebuke Masonry has to do with exactly what you said. It is primarily our religious tolerance that is most held against us.

Jay Welch

I'm Christian , but it seems that some that share my faith do not share my view of the world. To some if its not based on Christianity then it must be evil. Well to those people I submit that little league, volunteer fire departments, or our military are all open to people of ANY religious belief. And i'm sure most people don't consider these as evil or suspect. My point is just because we do not demand that a person praise Jesus does not make any of us evil or dangerous. And certainly for such a wealthy and powerful world dominating political machine you would think that we could get... let's say chair cushions or maybe trash bags that fit our trash cans! The ideas that people get are some what comical. When I say to someone there is No devil worshipping going on they reply that i'm under informed due to my low rank. So I say to them that as a Master Mason I am as much a Mason as any before me or after me, true I have only received the first three degrees, but this makes me privy to leagues more truth about the craft than any internet detective. Well they say I read this article about this guy who spilled the beans. And say I've read the same thing ands all lies, but you can never make them believe what choose not to. So I try to practice damage control while having a bit of fun with em!

Jay Welch

The main thing that drew me to masonry was the men that I encountered in my life. After meeting several masons over the years I formed an opinion based on my personal experiences. These guys all had things in common whether they were A.F.&A.M. ,F.&A.M. or PHA or you name it these guys white black Hispanic clean cut or filthy from work were friendly, honest, descent men. I noticed that when two Masons met on the job site they treated each other like old friends. In short these people seemed like the kinda folks you wouldn't mind sharing a bus seat or park bench with. So how's that for a stereotype. In my case I had my prejudices ,but they were most certainly very favorable.

jwhoff

Premium Member
One point that you made that jumped out at me was "I remember that a big part of fundamentalism is that Christians aren't supposed to fellowship with unbelievers". To me this jives with my take on this. Almost all of the articles that I have read where Christians rebuke Masonry has to do with exactly what you said. It is primarily our religious tolerance that is most held against us.

I remember drifting through one of those congregations in days past.

Mostly I remember this phrase:

God bless me,
my wife,
My son John,
and his wife.

God bless us four,
and NO MORE!

Taken from The Book of MY DADDY SAYS 12:2

jwhoff

Premium Member
The only high-level plot I've discovered has been personal greed disguised as selflessness. It's interesting what having the keys to Camelot will do to some people...

Camelot, my dear Brother,
is a terrible thing to waste!

jwhoff

Premium Member
Yes, Brother Warrior1256, it was.

Don't think I remember ANY windows upon the world.

And, the offering plate was heavy and contained an engraving "Keep one tenth for Thy self."

And, the pastor had a "tax free" get off free card in his pocket.

:eek:

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Yes, Brother Warrior1256, it was.

Don't think I remember ANY windows upon the world.

And, the offering plate was heavy and contained an engraving "Keep one tenth for Thy self."

And, the pastor had a "tax free" get off free card in his pocket.

:eek:
So the people were supposed to keep one tenth of their income for themselves and give 90% to the church?

jwhoff

Premium Member
No, Brother. To the pastor himself!

Still, there are times in which I over-exasperate!

Something, I suppose, I learned from the dear pastor himself.

Hence, I have learned to atone for my sins.

I now sing and take up the offering at a traveling tent SHOW.:rolleyes: