My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freemasonry - The Origins of Freemasonry Revisited

Brother JStoffo

This is great stuff. Thanks Brother Bloke! I am surprised that there were no more comments on this. Most Masons I know can discuss and debate the Origins of Freemasonry ad nauseum. There is always a lot of speculation. Has anyone read the Hiram Key? Or the Regius Manuscripts? 1350 and they talk about Sherriffs and Lords being Masons. None of that has anything to do with a stone mason's guild of laborers. Though there may not be direct ties dating back to the Pharoh Seqenenre, it is entirely plausible that our Craft took ideas and probably even shared men throughout the years to form the Craft.

The concepts absolutely may have been passed down for generations over millennia. Who knows how far back the origins go? I was reading Esoterika by Albert Pike and did not know that he was an Odd Fellow before becoming a Mason. I am sure that throughout history, likeminded people who sought scientific truth would find each other and form groups. And be a part of several various groups at once. One of the PMs at my Lodge used this to explain why Ano Lucis was 4,000 years added to our Gregorian dating system and why we have both dates on our Lodge Charter. Come on! Anybody?

Bloke

Premium Member
Thanks @Brother JStoffo

This is great stuff.... Has anyone read the Hiram Key? Or the Regius Manuscripts? ..
Read Both. Anderson's and Dermotts Constitutions also make interesting reading.

I was actually re-reading the Regius Manuscript just the other day.

As to the Hiram Key (Kight and Lomas) , it is an intellectual house of cards.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Thanks @Brother JStoffo

Read Both. Anderson's and Dermotts Constitutions also make interesting reading.

I was actually re-reading the Regius Manuscript just the other day.

As to the Hiram Key (Kight and Lomas) , it is an intellectual house of cards.
As to Knight and Lomas, that is kindly put.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I am surprised that there were no more comments on this. Most Masons I know can discuss and debate the Origins of Freemasonry ad nauseum. ... Come on! Anybody?
I point your attention in the direction of some well-researched books that I wrote a while ago that might provide to you some well-founded speculation on the origins rather than the usual conjecture filled Craft romance novel material most put forth.

1693225344773.png
1693225363181.jpeg

You might actually enjoy them.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
You're most welcome, my Brother.

Stay safe during that upcoming hurricane!

Brother JStoffo

Yes. I actually get out of Dodge for hurricane season. Finally learned after 11 hurricanes, three rooves and one entre house rebuild! Up in the Pac NW visiting family until November.

Brother JStoffo

But of course! Thanks. Also checked out your videos which were posted on prior threads on this forum. That's why I placed the order directly thereafter.