My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good evening, from Tennessee

Matt L

Site Benefactor
Sorry for just getting around to reply. I was raised last Monday, April 24th. I won't go into any details because of my obligation, but that part I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about. WOW. It was a great event with many in attendance, and I was deeply humbled again at all the hard work that the brothers put in for not only my MM, but all three as well.

I was very fortunate to be able to attend a MM degree this previous Saturday in Denmark, TN. The degree was held in a church that has some really interesting Civil War and Masonic History. If I'm remembering correctly, it was the first degree held there since 1891. There was a HUGE turnout, and although it was very hot upstairs in the lodge room with fans going, I was able to soak in even more of the MM degree.

Here is a page talking about the building: http://bigblackcreekhistorical.com/17denmark_presbyterian_church_and_masonic_lodge__154

Brother, I don't know how I missed this thread. I was at Denmark for the degree. Was extremely hot upstairs. I'm over in Henry Co. Paris.

TNPorkChop

Brother, I don't know how I missed this thread. I was at Denmark for the degree. Was extremely hot upstairs. I'm over in Henry Co. Paris.

Well then, I'm sure I saw you at some point, then! I am still overwhelmed by all the work and help being put it at all times by brothers from around this area. I would definitely like to attend a degree there again, as long as it's during the fall or even winter. I read talk on the West TN Facebook page of a brother wanting to charter a lodge there (if I'm using the correct words there).

Matt L

Site Benefactor
Well then, I'm sure I saw you at some point, then! I am still overwhelmed by all the work and help being put it at all times by brothers from around this area. I would definitely like to attend a degree there again, as long as it's during the fall or even winter. I read talk on the West TN Facebook page of a brother wanting to charter a lodge there (if I'm using the correct words there).
I'm also on that facebook page. Brother Tim from Milam among others are trying to get a chartered lodge active there again.

TNPorkChop

He seems like a good guy. I sat in the Milan Lodge to view an EA he conferred while I was just a few day's old EA myself.