Grand Lodge, Shrine, York Rite Question

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by WestTexasMason, Jan 10, 2009.

1. WestTexasMason

WestTexasMason Premium Member

I recenty visited the GLOT during the day and had all the time I wanted to go thru the many artifacts, papers and museum exhibits. It made me wonder a few things. First is there a museum or central location like the Grand Lodge for the Shrine (I recently joned) or the York Rite? I read about the Masonic Oak around Brazoria, is there any type of museum around that location? If any brother has info I would love to receive it.

2. jonesvilletexas

jonesvilletexas Premium Member

Brother Brad, I am not for cretin about any location that you are asking about but I know some brother that would, this is a good question.

I was told by a brother one night while at Holland Lodge No 1 that if you call and ask they will take you on a true of the lodge and that they had a lot of papers back to the 1830”s.

3. ravickery03

ravickery03 Guest

Nationally for the York Rite the George Washington Masonic Memorial is very impressive.

-Bro Vick

4. nick1368

nick1368 Registered User

I had to oppurtnity when I was Washington, D.C. a few years ago to go spend some time at the Scottish Rite Temple which houses the headquarters for the Southern Jurisdiction. This is a very IMPRESSIVE building and has a TON of information about the Scottish Rite...if you are ever there it is a must see as well as the George Washington Masonic Memorial in Alexandria

5. WestTexasMason

WestTexasMason Premium Member

One of these days I am going to the George Washington, just looking for something in Texas.

Share My Freemasonry