My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grandmasters conference

JD Price

I attended GM Martin's conference Friday night. My question is what do other brothers think of his plan for a stregtic planning committee?
I think it's time has come

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

cacarter

Premium Member
I hope that the strategic planning committee continues after his tenure. He mentioned that there was one created in the early ?80s? and nothing came of it. I also think it's a good idea that long term solutions are going to be looked at rather than short term fixes.

I hope some good comes of the whole thing, we all know the problems facing the grand lodge. It ain't pretty.

dfreybur

Premium Member
It was beyond by ken that such a committee had not been meeting for decades. In my other jurisdictions the committee is the elected grand line officers plus a couple of at-large members who are announced at the end of the annual appointments.

While a MW GM can announce his own programs, it is a very good idea for the elected grand line to work together and have an overall plan so most programs continue every year with a few new programs tried out each year to keep the portfolio of programs evolving and fresh. Such a committee must of course plan their budget projections as a team to keep the treasury stable.

I found it bizarre he quoted the parts of the first degree lecture that were made optional. As each one started I recited the section along with the movie. I makes me appreciate the long form - It my mother jurisdiction it's just the first degree lecture without optional parts.