My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Healing Over"

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
BRO UPTON, you and I BOTH know what that means............Which means that he doesn't understand the concept of HEALING. Bro Plustax, "healing" occurs when a Man has been initiated, passed, and raised in a Lodge that is deemed irregular, or NOT RECOGNIZED by either of the Two Grand Lodge bodies in each State recognized by the United Grand Lodge of England.............I was HEALED, on August 18, 2010, when I left a Black AF&AM Lodge in Houston, and petitioned a Prince Hall Affiliated Lodge for membership.

Basically, the term deals with healing what was damaged, which is the Masonic link to England, Scotland, or Ireland.....the MAIN ISSUE is the lack of lineage that Black 4 Letter Lodges possess. There is not a Black AF&AM Lodge in America that can positively identify its lineage as being tied to either the Grand Lodges of Ireland, Scotland, or Great Britain. Hence, the lineage was DAMAGED......John G. Jones himself was at one time a 33rd Degree Prince Hall Mason, who decided on his FREE WILL AND ACCORD to establish 4 Letter Symbolic Lodges AND GRAND LODGES in several States, and his claim of legitimacy was that he received a Charter from the "Grand Lodge of Romania " in 1869........Bad news is that the Grand Lodge of Romania wasn't formed until 1880, and even if he DID receive some sort of Charter from them, he STILL didn't receive dispensation from either a Mainstream or Prince Hall Grand Lodge in Illinois, Wash DC., or any of the other States to do work where he formed these Lodges...................Bro. Vincent C. Jones, Sr., PROUD MEMBER, BAYOU CITY LODGE #228, PHA, FREE AND ACCEPTED MASONRY, MWPHGLoTX

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
another bit of information to add to my last post......when going from a Prince Hall Affiliated Lodge to a Mainstream Lodge or vice versa, there is NO HEALING NECESSARY, because both Grand Lodge bodies are REGULAR AND RECOGNIZED..................Just so everyone understands when HEALING occurs......................VINCE

scialytic

Premium Member
This was all new to me so I had to do a little "Googling" to catch up. I found this post that really shed some light on the subject for me. I had a PHA Mason as a reference on my petition and he said that it may not be a good idea. I told him that I respected him and that if a Lodge I was petitioning had an issue with it, that it may not be the Lodge for me. My mentor said that it was fine that a reference on my petition was PHA and when I asked what the issue was he mentioned that there are several GLs claiming legitimacy that doesn't appeear to be there.

Long-story-short, I pray my brothers-in-arms that I served with in Baghdad are 3-letter Masons. I was stationed in Germany so the only Lodges were PHA (I hope they were at least). So it is something that hits home for me, though as you can see from my photo...I'm about as transparent in complexion as it gets. I am glad to hear of this "Healing"...and I'm glad that you've found it!

Here's the site I stumbled across:
Commission on Bogus Masonry

PHA TRAVELER

Thanks for all the great info Bro,Towerbuilder7,this problem is so bad here in the Houston area! So many miss inforum people! Keep the information coming

Bro. Smokey jo

I recently filed a petition to be healed with my local P.H.A. lodge. I was raise at Tyler 95 in Rocky Mount NC. In 2000. I relocated to Kinston NC about 6 years ago, and connected with a few PHA masons and have become really good friends. I had a very bad experience with my home lodge which caused me to disconnect from the craft altogether for all this time. I've always wanted to grow and find further light. But my concern is. Will I have a better experience this time.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Traveling Man

Premium Member
The Grand Orient is irregular. Is Prince Hall still deemed irregular?

I hate to harp on this but, Prince Hall had long been granted a legitimate charter by UGLE. Those that want to twist this into the wind are wasting their time and credibility.
Let's dump this dancing around the head of a pin, shall we?

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I hate to harp on this but, Prince Hall had long been granted a legitimate charter by UGLE. Those that want to twist this into the wind are wasting their time and credibility.
Let's dump this dancing around the head of a pin, shall we?

That's not what I was doing at all. I was pointing out a fundamental dishonesty on the part of someone who tried to rationalize any need for "healing over" or repetition of degrees for a PHA Mason who would wish to adhere to a GLoTX lodge. His flatly silly rationalization was to invoke the fact that someone under the Grand Orient of the USA would have to go through this. Therefore, I pointed out that the Grand Orient is irregular and asked if PHA Masonry were irregular. After all, since the Grand Orient's irregularity is the reason that those under the Grand Orient must "start over", wouldn't that mean invoking the Grand Orient to explain the GloTX policy indicates that the poster believed that PHA is also irregular? I sought to pin the matter down as plainly and starkly as possible.

Nobody has the guts to give a straight answer when defending the policy.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
And I stand by my statement. There are those that want to twist the facts and or try to ignore the legitimacy of PHA Masonry. I speak as a member of this fraternity not just as some isolationist that tries to refute the facts that PHA was granted a charter and are legitimately recognised by the UGLE.

Last edited:

dfreybur

Premium Member
I was pointing out a fundamental dishonesty on the part of someone who tried to rationalize any need for "healing over" or repetition of degrees for a PHA Mason who would wish to adhere to a GLoTX lodge.

And vice versa. Exactly. The two jurisdictions recognize each other. Thus if you want to affiliate across you petition and get balloted on. No healing. The only technicalities involved is that one of the jurisdictions is single-affiliation so affiliating either direction mandates demitting from the other jurisdiction and that ridiculous thing about not being able to visit across.