My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello fron NJ

Justin D.

Good Day,

my name is Justin and I am originally from North Carolina. I was initiated in Lafayette #83, then moved and was passed and raises by West Bend lodge #434. I have not been to any lodge since 2015 and have just found one close to me I am planning on going to this Friday. I am so excited to meet more of my brothers, I can't believe it is only Tuesday. I have many questions pertaining to phrases such as "Regular" and "irregular" lodges, also questions such as what the blue border and adornments are on aprons. My thought have always been, "They are for officers", but I still have more light to find. After attending a few times with this new lodge I think this question will come out. I hope to be posting to this forum when I can. This is a great way for brothers to meet around the world.

Keith C

Welcome Brother and Greeting from across the Western Boarder here in PA!

I am certain that any questions you have will be enthusiastically replied to. As to "Regular" and "Irregular" that all depends on the Jurisdiction under which the Lodge you were raised works, as regularity is designated by Grand Lodges and which other Grand Lodges they recognize and are in amity with vs those they are not. So it depends on what Grand Lodge you were raised under in North Carolina as to what other Grand Lodges consider you "Regular." I suggest you contact the Secretary of the Lodge you wish to visit to make sure, as he will have a copy of the book of Lodges recognized my his Grand Lodge. It is also a good idea to let him know so that they can plan on having Brothers ready to examine you when you arrive, to avoid having to do this last minute.

As to aprons, again each Grand Lodge has their own rules, regulations and edicts that define the Aprons worn by the Brethren and Officers. For example, here in PA our Lodge Aprons are white, with blue borders and the Lodge Number printed or embroidered on them.

Justin D.

Keith,

Thank you so much, I have contacted the lodge here in NJ and they have replied to me and welcome my visit. When I was in NC I was in a lodge close to a Marine Corps base, so I think my journey through the blue lodge was a little rushed. I was not educated as well as I thought I might have been. I was taught to wear the apron, but not on anything besides that there are pure white aprons at the door to the chamber in which to wear.