My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Romania

Traveling Man

Premium Member
hello again :) , I have a new question for you,

what is a irregular Lodges and why they exist ?

thanks.

“Irregular” lodges are considered those lodges that do not conform to the generally accepted landmarks of Freemasonry (either Mackey's Landmarks or Anderson's Constitutions) by other lodges that do conform to these sets of rules. The United Grand Lodge of England or UGLE is considered the arbiter on “Recognition” of “Regular” Lodges as their (UGLE) pedigree linage (if you will) is passed through “Charters” or “Patents” to the greatest number of lodges throughout the world. Some of these lodges (irregular) may have been at one time or another “regular” and then became involved in politics or violated some of the landmarks above such as practicing Co-masonry and thus became “irregular”. I hope this is not too confusing. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with any of the above practices or organisations, as I say, “to each their own”.

S&F

There are embedded hypertext links in the text above that will link you to sites that explain this better than I could...

Last edited:

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Goes back to a previous thread. Depends on what he wants to get out of Masonry.:cool:

The point I am trying to make is that while the GLOT consists primarily of Protestants, there are still quite a few members with different, however strange, beliefs. As Masons, we should set the example for this kind of tolerance, like our work teaches us to do. If this gentleman wants to read into the Order of the Golden Dawn as his introduction to Masonry, then we obviously know which direction he is going. We can't forget that the Order does have its roots in Masonry. It may not be your cup of tea, but it is someone elses. Such is the beauty of Masonry; its roots sprout many different branches.

the order of the golden dawn? I've read some stuff on it. Wouldn't that be like getting your introduction to masonry from a church?

I guess it would be better fit for the scottish rite, but not the york blue degrees as I've known and studied them, unless you seriously want to get into the metathought of the degrees.

i don't know, i just don't see the golden dawn as a good place to start looking for masonry. it's definitely fine with me if a "golden dawn member" were to join (if there are such a people still around today) as long as they met the requirements.