My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Did the Rite Thing!

Txmason

On January 24th I became a part of the Valley of Houston at Holland Lodge No. 1 in Houston, Texas. I received the 4th and the 14th Degree. I would like to extend a very special thank you to all of the brothers that I met that night and to the brothers whom are a part of this fantastic group, Masons of Texas that I met in person. I feel so welcomed by all of you and look forward to meeting more of you all soon.

All the Best,

Bro. Jerry Johnston, Jr.

P.S. I would like to finish my degrees because I may be going out of town in early May. And not sure if I would be here. Can I request a courtesy degree from another valley?

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I would like to finish my degrees because I may be going out of town in early May. And not sure if I would be here. Can I request a courtesy degree from another valley?

The best thing to do would be to contact Richard Heale (Dick@Heale.com) or Allan Lazor (arlazor@gmail.com). Either of them should be able to advise you.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Congratulations on going through the Lodge of Perfection. I hope you enjoy your experience.

chrmc

P.S. I would like to finish my degrees because I may be going out of town in early May. And not sure if I would be here. Can I request a courtesy degree from another valley?

Fairly certain that another valley can do it, but as said, make sure you coordinate through the office. Galveston has a big reunion coming on soon, so there is an opportunity.

But just out of curiosity, why the rush?

Txmason

@chrmc
The reason for the rush is I might not be able to finish the degrees if I go on vacation in May.

jwhoff

Premium Member
TxMason, relax brother! There is an ongoing, yearly conferring of the terminal degrees that will get you through. If you're out of town for a while you'll still be okay.

chrmc, are you a member of the Galveston Valley? If so, I'll be down for your next reunion working the 9-10th degree on Friday evening. As Brother TxMason can vouch for, i am a big-ugly, ball-headed old fart who is difficult to miss ... even with a spec of lint at 100 paces in a driving rainstorm coming in on a strong east wind.

Sure love to meet your presence if at all possible. So, if you belong there and if you are planning on attending, please look me up. Call me anything, but call me for chow first.

jwhoff

chrmc

chrmc, are you a member of the Galveston Valley? If so, I'll be down for your next reunion working the 9-10th degree on Friday evening. As Brother TxMason can vouch for, i am a big-ugly, ball-headed old fart who is difficult to miss ... even with a spec of lint at 100 paces in a driving rainstorm coming in on a strong east wind.

Unfortunately not. I actually just joined the Houston Valley myself here at the last reunion earlier this week. I'm counting on staying with that Valley through the 32nd degree, but it does look like Galveston puts on a lot of the degrees besides the terminal ones, so I'd like to go down and see some of them.
I'll definitely give you a shout if I make it down there!

M.Prejean

I really enjoyed meeting you too, Txmason! I know the Valley will keep you in the loop, but I'll make sure to let you know when the next conferral will be just as soon as I hear something.

Brother Lins! Sorry I was so rushed when jwhoff was introducing us. Moving between the classroom and the lodge room while keeping track of 25 people is difficult for me since I only have 10 fingers to use for reference. I'll be looking for you at the next meeting for a proper howdy.

Chrmc - I guess we didn't meet, but I was the guy in the classroom who learned the hard way that "ctrl F8" locks the mouse on a laptop!

Txmason

@M.Prejean
Who was the brother that spoke in the classroom? I really enjoyed what he had to say!

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Brother Lins! Sorry I was so rushed when jwhoff was introducing us. Moving between the classroom and the lodge room while keeping track of 25 people is difficult for me since I only have 10 fingers to use for reference. I'll be looking for you at the next meeting for a proper howdy.

Sounds good!

M.Prejean

@M.Prejean
Who was the brother that spoke in the classroom? I really enjoyed what he had to say!

Man, I'm blanking on Rick's last name. I'm sure you'll hear more from him at the next reunion. He's a great blend of entertainment and knowledge, isn't he!

jwhoff

Premium Member
Here's an idea!

Let's keep this little part of MASONS OF TEXAS reunions within the umbrella of Houston Scottish Rite Reunions. All members of the Houston Valley who are members of this website unite!

:34:

Txmason

Anyone going to the Galveston SR reunion Feb 15-16? I will be there! Anyone want to meet up?

jwhoff

Premium Member
Good point!

I have seen the Galveston schedule for 2013. Looks like they plan to perform most of the degrees. Between Galveston and Houston you have a good chance to see all but a few of the 29 degrees this year.

As I told brother TxMason, I'll be performing in the 9th-10th degree at the Galveston reunion on Friday night, in two weeks. Can't miss me: I'll be the full length wall occasionally moving about the stage. Oh yes, you can narrow the search by watching out for a big, ball-headed, bearded, big ugly who cares less for the line and more for the delivery thereof.

It's something I've been working on for some time now.

Can't wait until they start making musicals, nay operas, out of these things.

Sure to reach my stride then ... what say yeah Will Bill Lins?

:37: