My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Independence Lodge, Independent & Free Masons

BullDozer Harrell

5cc731670c2b3eef2333c70be93203a4.jpg

Sent from Android using My Freemasonry mobile app

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Are you on FB,Rip?

There's a video streaming that has this guy trying to explain his Lodge of Independent & Free Masons in Oregon as the new & improved Masons apart from the cruddy duddy GL system there.

Im not but the wife is...ill steal her phone and check it out. I'm not currently inOr, but ill fwd it on to my Bros that are

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

BullDozer Harrell

just someone probably trying to legitimize their existence.

If you think Oregon is big news, don't read about fake masonry in Chicago.
I want to say for the record in my best President Trump voice, "there is no fake Masonry in Chicago, there's just a perceived notion of it".
How's that for a try at speaking 'alternative facts'? Do i sound believable? Lol

BullDozer Harrell

I'm not sure we viewed the same video.

In the only 1I've seen, the guy introduces himself and then begins to launch into talking about several things that would be taken as what exactly makes a lodge clandestine.

First he says that he & his brethren believe that a Lodge of Master Masons can open for business without need of a Charter nor dispensation.

Next he says immediately after that they believe also that they're free to judge regularity for themselves independently of any current Regular GL's standards.

The same goes for Masonic intercourse and fraternal relations with other bodies that Regular GLs have not recognized.

His words definitely turn my Masonic world upside down and if i find myself agreeing with any part of his speech, then it must be that we've had it all wrong for a very long time. And maybe finally some guys came to show us the light. Of course, you might notice my hint of sarcasm in the last part.

Last edited:

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
When hyperbolic terms such as "moral rot" are used, credibility suffers.

It takes some temerity, if not arrogance, to criticize a system celebrating its 300th anniversary. Is it perfect? No man made system is. The logical weakness is that each of the allegations made toward the GL system is equally applicable toward an individual lodge system : moral rot, apron chasing, charity rather initiatory system....

When psychobabble begins, supported by the speaker's self-laudatory references to his, umm, holistic health business, we do understand his orientation and the manipulative background he brings with him.

It is my sense that such groups (GOOFUS was an example), are often commenced by individuals who may be personality disordered and those who are easily manipulated. For the same reason, they are often short lived.

But I have no strong feelings.

I am curious where this was filmed.

BullDozer Harrell

When hyperbolic terms such as "moral rot" are used, credibility suffers.

It takes some temerity, if not arrogance, to criticize a system celebrating its 300th anniversary. Is it perfect? No man made system is. The logical weakness is that each of the allegations made toward the GL system is equally applicable toward an individual lodge system : moral rot, apron chasing, charity rather initiatory system....

When psychobabble begins, supported by the speaker's self-laudatory references to his, umm, holistic health business, we do understand his orientation and the manipulative background he brings with him.

It is my sense that such groups (GOOFUS was an example), are often commenced by individuals who may be personality disordered and those who are easily manipulated. For the same reason, they are often short lived.

But I have no strong feelings.

I am curious where this was filmed.
I'll inbox him and try to find out exactly where he filmed the video.