Inter-visitation Procedure

Discussion in 'Freemasonry In Texas' started by Blake Bowden, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

Has anyone done any intervisitation between GLs yet? I'm curious if visiting a PHA if the visitor must wear formal attire? I ask because formal attire is not required in mainstream lodges. Just curious on how things are moving along since the approval has been announced.

Sent from my LG-H910 using My Freemasonry mobile app

2. Bro. David F. Hill

Bro. David F. Hill David F. Hill Premium Member

Still awaiting official announcement from your Grand Secretary to Grand Secretary. Until the official announcement is sent, the old rules will be followed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using My Freemasonry mobile app

3. Bro. David F. Hill

4. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

I understood that there is no more G Sec to G Sec before visiting. All intervisitation is approved. Did anyone else at GLoT hear something different?

5. Bro. David F. Hill

Unofficially that is true but the Grand Lodge of Texas has yet to officially communicate the result of your resolution vote to the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas. Not official until that happens.

Bro. Stewart P.M. likes this.
  6. Christopher Thompson

Christopher Thompson Registered User

I am in the GLoTx and I recently visited a Prince Hall Lodge. Every lodge in both jurisdictions have their own attire preferences. My lodge Jewel P Lightfoot is a “traditional observance” lodge so we are in suits at every meeting. Some other lodges don’t do that. As for the visitation at the Prince Hall lodge, the agenda was a speaker (Fred Milliken) and the attire was casual. On degree days they are formal.

chrmc likes this.
  7. Plustax

Plustax Registered User

Bro Thompson was your visit since January approval or before when you had to go through GL Secretaries..etc?

8. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

If you are planning on visiting, you should contact the lodge first. My Bridge Builders group has a visit planned for February 7. I know the JW so he has been assisting us. I had already submitted an approved request and we have additional members who want to go. So it will be a combination of both.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    tldubb, dfreybur and chrmc like this.
  9. MRichard

FB_IMG_1518101228078.jpg
    We were able to visit True Square #108 (Houston) of the MWPHGLTX. Great experience. #bridgebuilders

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  10. tldubb

tldubb Premium Member

Gotta agree with you Brother Bill, here in PA we just show up. Right Worshipful Grand Lodge of PA and MWPHGL of PA have good relations hopefully the Brethren in Texas could eventually come to same out come as we here in the Keystone state.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

11. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

From your lips to God's ear, my Brother.

tldubb, dfreybur and Bloke like this.
  12. MRichard

They actually did simplify the process. No paperwork involved anymore but it is recommended that you contact the lodge first before visiting. But we just need ID and our grand lodge id to visit now.

hfmm97 and LK600 like this.
  13. David Duke

David Duke Premium Member

That is what I understood it to be, exactly like visiting any Lodge in another Grand Jurisdiction we are in amity with. I was beginning to think my ears lied to me after reading a few of the posts that seemed to be saying that you still had to jump through hoops.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

14. MRichard

No, you heard right, my Brother.

15. MRichard

The only confusion is that the PHA lodges hadn't received anything official from their grand lodge regarding the new protocol. They might have by now. Not sure.

16. Bro. David F. Hill

After talking to our Grand Master, the issue is that no one from the Grand Lodge of Texas has notified them of the outcome. That's the correct protocol.

MRichard likes this.
  17. MRichard

Well, I will email the Grand Secretary's secretary next week to check on it. She's real nice. Hopefully it's resolved before then.

18. Bro. David F. Hill

I will be glad when it has been put to bed.

MRichard likes this.
  19. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

It makes us all feel at home that no matter what the topic, the answer is a stack of paperwork and that ever repeated expression about waiting a time with patience. Lodge, military, college, office, you name it. It's a universal that organizations work on paper and coffee. Or across the pond paper and tea.

Bloke likes this.
  20. MRichard

Okay, I contacted her and she sent me the Report of the Committee on Fraternal Relations. There is a timeline and it states at the bottom that "this action will not require any change in Grand Lodge Law or the "Amended and Restated Compact" approved by this Grand Lodge in 2014". If you would like a copy, I could email to you.

dfreybur likes this.

Share My Freemasonry