My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Mason Moment

HeyMoe

I recently had to go to Florida for a training and when flying back, I misread my return ticket and therefore arrived at Tampa airport 5 minutes before my flight was to begin boarding.

Figuring I was not going to make my flight I entered the TSA security check point. There were two lines going and the were moving rather slow so this confirmed the fact that I was going to have to take a later flight. There was a TSA supervisor directing people to which line to use. I noticed this guy was wearing a Master Mason ring and asked if he was a widow's son. He looked at me for a moment and asked where I was "traveling to today". I replied "To the east". He asked how old my Grandmother was and I replied with my lodge name and number "She has lived on a Summit for these past 114 years and has around 100 grandsons, although we only see about 15 at our montly family dinners" and I mentioned that I hoped I didn't miss my flight that I was already late for.

The TSA supervisor, turned around and told one of the TSA folks to open up a new lines and directed me through it and immediatly started talking to the person behind me so I was unable to thank him for the help. As I was walking away from the check point about 5 minutes later (a personal record for a TSA check point, most of the time they take 20-30min), I looked back and saw that the line had been re-closed and folks behind me were using the two lines that were already in use. I

made my flight with 15 minutes to spare thanks to a Brother I will likely never see again.

Txmason

Great story! I have one, I was meeting a lady and told her I was waiting by the entrance to her subdivision. Well it was a two lane road both ways and I was not comfortable so a guy and his young son stopped and asked if I was okay. I explained I was waiting for my friend and asked him if there was another place to park and wait that was safer. He said yes just go up the road and to your left you'll see a small park you can park at. I said thank you and watched him drive away. As I did so I saw him turn around to follow me and I though hmm must be a neighborhood watch guy or concerned for me. He and his son pulled up next to me and I rolled my window down and he again asked if I was alright I said yes and thank you for your help.

And wouldn't you know as he was driving away, he had a square and compass on the back of his Tahoe!

I tried to honk and get his attention to thank him but he drove off. I figured out later he saw my square and compass car decal and that's why he turned around!

I sure hope I see him again so I can thank him personally. Masonry is good!

Bro. Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

K.S.

Great stories. I'm getting ready to fly to N.C. Via DFW, from CA. next month, and it almost makes me want to be intentionally late for my flights! Hahaha.

Txmason

Bro. KS,

Where in NC will you be? I can get a list of lodges together for you to visit and contact before you go.

Bro. Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

jwhoff

Premium Member
Here's one.

I was driving with my wife to her brother's house two Saturday mornings ago. The usual chitchat with the radio in the background.

I had been listening to this home-fix-it show for more than 10 years. The announcer, whom I had assumed to be a fairly straight forward man, said something that jarred me noticeably. My wife took note and asked what was the matter. I told her I had been listening to him for years but never knew he was a mason until that moment. After avoiding the logical question as to how I knew him to be a mason I vowed to find out for sure.

Sure enough, I was at the GLoTX Grand Master's conference in Houston yesterday and who do you think I should have been introduced to? How did you guess?

"Yes, I remember. Sure, I'll throw out a word or two once in a while to see if there are any brothers out there listening. Bet you picked up on the use of the cable toe, didn't you?"

Isn't it cool to read a book, watch a movie, or listen to an oration and pick up on a brother's communication. Truly one of the many wages of a mason.

Last edited:

Txmason

@KS

Here is a list of lodges in Elizabeth City, NC and a link to the grand lodge web page with clickable links. Also you can double check information by using the "List of Lodges Masonic" book that has lodges listed by state, alphabetically etc.

Hope this helps!

Overview
Lodge Locator
Districts
Calendar of Events

Lodge Locator
If you would like to find the Masonic Lodge nearest you or any other specific area throughout the State of North Carolina, please enter a zip code and/or city/town in the field below.

Enter your ZIP Code or City to find the lodge nearest you. CITY
ZIP

RESULTS FOR CITY: ELIZABETH CITY
Eureka 317
218 S. Hughes Blvd.
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
1 MILES

Widow's Son 75
106 N. Hwy 343
Camden, NC 27921
5 MILES

Hall 53
Indiantown Road
Shawboro, NC 27073
12 MILES

New Lebanon 314
449 Crooked Run Rd
South Mills, NC 27909
13 MILES

Perquimans 106
128 N Church St.
Hertford, NC 27944
14 MILES

Currituck 463
212 Worthguard Rd
Coinjock, NC 27923
17 MILES

Unanimity 7
215 E. Water St.
Edenton, NC 27932
26 MILES

Gatesville 126
125 Main Street
Gatesville, NC 27938
29 MILES

Wiccacon 240
Taylors St
Harrellsville, NC 27942
30 MILES

Winton 723
203 Brickall St
Winton, NC 27986
39 MILES

Link:

http://www.grandlodge-nc.org/LodgeLocator/FindLodge?City=Elizabeth+city&Zip=

Txmason

@jwhoff

Would that be Randy Lemmon or Tom Tyman on KTRH 740 AM?

Bro. Jerry

QUOTE="jwhoff"]Here's one.

I was driving with my wife to her brother's house two Saturday mornings ago. The usual chitchat with the radio in the background.

I had been listening to this home-fix-it show for more than 10 years. The announcer, whom I had assumed to be a fairly straight forward man, said something that jarred me noticeably. My wife took note and asked what was the matter. I told her I had been listening to him for years but never knew he was a mason until that moment. After avoiding the logical question as to how I knew him to be a mason I vowed to find out for sure.

Sure enough, I was at the GLoTX Grand Master's conference in Houston yesterday and who do you think I should have been introduced to? How did you guess?

"Yes, I remember. Sure, I'll throw out a word or two once in a while to see if there are any brothers out there listening. Bet you picked up on the use of the cable toe, didn't you?"

Isn't it cool to read a book, watch a movie, or listen to an oration and pick up on a brother's communication. Truly one of the many wages of a mason.[/QUOTE]

Txmason

@jwhoff:

Whom would that be? I listen to 740 AM on Saturdays driving to lodge for breakfast. PM me if you'd like. I'm still interested in the Scottish Rite just saving up money to join at the moment.