My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's been a year.

widows son

Premium Member
It's been about a year since I was raised to the Sublime Degree of a Master Mason. Since then I've taken the chair of Senior Deacon, have been active in Investigation Committees, and have been exalted to the Supreme Degree of the Royal Arch. Next year I'm most likely going to be in the South and am looking towards the East.

During this time I feel I have grown so much more, in Masonry, but also in my everyday life as well.

I've been trying my hardest to apply the principles that I've experienced in the lodge at work, home and among friends and family. As a chef, I train my apprentices to work diligently to perfect their skills, to live and love what they do, and and to continually challenge yourself, taking what I learned while wearing one apron and applying it at work when I'm wearing another.

I don't have a wife or kids, so I can't really comment on this aspect, but my parents and my brother have always been a solid foundation in my life, as are a handful of close friends that I've known for a good portion of my life. Without them, some of the tough times would of been tougher.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel so proud to be apart of our great fraternity. Ive taken in so much. Sometimes I just want to shout it out from the roof tops!

The night of my initiation I had cold feet and almost backed out, and called yhe secretary in a panic. He wonderfully told me that nobody can decide my path but me. That was it for me.

Also this forum has been a big help in my understanding of what Freemasonry is all about, so thank you to all the brethren here.

Spawny

Happy anniversary. I to am completing my 1st year. My pace is a bit slower then you in the lodge. I am the JS. I chose to watch my first year before I make my way to the East. I enjoy my duties and most likely will be the S or JD next year. There is nothing like it in the world. I was shopping today and seen a emblem on the car that matches my Tattooes. 2 balls and a Cain. He hailed from NC I from DC. We talked and laugh as if we grew up together. Great feeling. Once again congrats, keep traveling light until no born travelers can return. ImageUploadedByFreemasonry1370470563.205729.jpg

Freemason Connect Mobile

rpbrown

Premium Member
Enjoy your path.

I was raised 4 years ago and was elected to JW tuesday night. I have been Marshall, JD and SD in my journey.