My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Curious

Bill Hosler

Same thing happened to me. As soon as we closed the lodge I was hounded by 3 different brethren to join the AASR and a couple more from the YR. I will come to you when I'm ready. And of course you'll get the " no pressure" but
How can there be no pressure when you got one group saying to join them, and another to join them? I felt at first I was going to be letting some guys down, but after thinking about it, I said TS for them. My journey. My path. My masonry.

I had the same experience. I received several YR petitions the night I was raised. I joined several bodies within six months of becoming a Master Mason. If I had to do it all over again I would have waited.

The dirty little secret is once you joined these groups next thing you know you are an officer and you are trying
to learn four sets of rituals for four different bodies. It's easy to get burned out and cause issues at home.

Take your time and learn about and enjoy your Symbolic lodge for a while.

widows son

Premium Member
Ya, I waited a few months, then I joined the YR. I'm still getting my degrees in the RA and only have my MMM degree, so i cant really participate yet. I'm SD in my blue lodge, so that's enough work for me right now. I'm kinda glad no memory work other than the OB is required, SD has some pretty big shoes.