My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knight Templar Inspection

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Last night we were graded on our proficiency at opening our Knight Templar Order on the long form. Our score has not yet been tabulated and posted but I think that we did pretty darned well! All movements looked sharp and well executed. We practice monthly to try to stay in good form. Will just have to wait and see concerning the score.

Rifleman1776

IMHO, sometimes ritual can get in the way of seeing the real meaning in what we do as Masons. When I was York Rite and a KT I once tried to attend a meeting of my Commandery. That might sound strange but there were only a couple Commanderys in Arkansas at the time and I lived more than 150 miles from mine. I was denied admission because I was not in full dress uniform. That really angered me and shortly afterwards I demitted out of York Rite entirely. FWIW, all the years I was a KT in good standing I never was able to attend a single meeting other than my initiation.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
IMHO, sometimes ritual can get in the way of seeing the real meaning in what we do as Masons.
I find the rituals very rewarding and meaningful in and of themselves.
When I was York Rite and a KT I once tried to attend a meeting of my Commandery.
I was denied admission because I was not in full dress uniform.
Sorry to hear that you were treated this way. In my Commandery you only have to be in uniform if you are an officer.