My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lefties?

JMartinez

Any left-handed brethren? What had do you wear your Masonic rings on? What had do you wear a watch on? I'm a lefty, wear a Masonic ring on left pinky and watch on right hand.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I wear my Masonic ring on my right hand because my wedding ring is on my left hand.

I wear my watch on my right hand because my left hand is more dexterous to work the latch. And to identify myself to other sword sinister folks.

mcaldwell

Premium Member
I seem to only write left handed. I had to learn to shoot right handed because M1 Garands only come one way. I have never had a problem wearing a watch on my left hand.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Ah... I'm ok with both hands in writing and both legs with playing football. Also I feel ok wearing masonic ring on both hands. However I can't wear my watch on my left hand, just uncomfortable.

dfreybur

Premium Member
We give the less-abled majority convenience in very many items, but not all.

We get QWERTY keyboards, cars with manual transmissions is well over half of the world. And for some obscure reason asymmetrical butter knives in old fashioned silver plate sets.

The watch is more comfortable on the right hand but the buttons face the wrong way. Not usually a big deal but every so often I'm using hand tools and the watch starts beeping. The buttons facing the wrong way got pushed.

Reactions: MBC

Willaim Perkins

The "No left-hand Masons" refers to work, and work. It is a training aid intended to help the student learn his work, not as an insult to south paws or rules for the wearing of jewelry. In the York Rite, we do a number of things performed with the LH.

JMartinez

The question posed was: do left-handed masons wear their rings on their left hand? What hand do left-handed brothers wear their watch on?