My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge Officer Duties - Senior Warden

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
His Jewel is the Level...symbolizing that all Masons meet on the level, without regard to social, political or religious beliefs or status.

The Senior Warden of a Masonic Lodge is the second in command within the Lodge Officers. In the absence of the Worshipful Master, the Senior Warden assumes the Worshipful Master's duties. The Senior Warden of a Masonic Lodge sits in the West (symbolic of the setting sun) and assists the Worshipful Master in opening and closing the Lodge. The Senior Warden is in charge of the Lodge when it is at labor. His position is similar to a Vice-President of any organization.

His ancient duties were to pay the Craft (the members of the guild) their wages and to handle disputes among the workers. It is his duty to support the Master and to prepare himself for that office during the following year.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
I'm going to be invested as Senior Warden on the coming Tuesday. (24/11/2015) One step closer to the East!

BullDozer Harrell

This is my present office. Hopefully I will be installed as WM in December. I have been working and studying hard so as to be worthy of the honor.
Congratulations brother, you sound very optimistic but have you been elected & accepted nominations for office of WM already?

Sent from Android using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Congratulations brother, you sound very optimistic
Thank you Brother.
have you been elected & accepted nominations for office of WM already?
Not yet, that is why I said "Hopefully", I don't wish to presume. However, everyone seems to be satisfied with the job that I have done in past chairs. About the only way that those in my mother lodge would not nominate me or would vote against me is if they don't believe me to be worthy.

BullDozer Harrell

Thank you Brother.

Not yet, that is why I said "Hopefully", I don't wish to presume. However, everyone seems to be satisfied with the job that I have done in past chairs. About the only way that those in my mother lodge would not nominate me or would vote against me is if they don't believe me to be worthy.
The seat and office is yours! I've only seen it in rare & unexpected cases that our SW doesn't ascend to the East.

Either a Brother passes away in the West or declines the nomination for personal reasons.

It's looking like you want it so they'll more likely than not likely grant your wish.

I can appreciate your humility tremendously though.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
It's looking like you want it so they'll more likely than not likely grant your wish.
I do very much want it. The other offices that I hold is due to the fact that I am needed there and was asked. Please don't misunderstand, I am honored to hold these posts as they signify that Brothers trust me to perform these duties. But being WM of my mother lodge is to only post that I have aspired to.

I can appreciate your humility tremendously though.
Thank you very much Brother.

protectingthewestgate

I am currently serving as senior warden this year, having fun. Next June I will be master for the 1st time,only took 8 years. Lol. I think I will go around again after leaving the east. I had a brainstem stroke almost 2 1/2 years ago, and my lodge continues to be very encouraging and supportive. And that I am very grateful. I hope to serve my lodge for as long as I can. Not like others who became worshipful and never came back.