Lodges of Research

Discussion in 'History and Research' started by Tylerl90, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Tylerl90

Tylerl90 Registered User

If given the opportunity, would you join a Lodge of Research? Why or why not? I’m not a part of one just yet, but I’ve been toying with the idea of joining my local one.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

TheThumbPuppy likes this.
  2. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

I have little interest in the outer forms but tracing ritual components back into ancient times gives some insight into Masonry when it had other names. Thus light may be cast on the soul and spirit of Masonry.

Tylerl90 likes this.
  3. TheThumbPuppy

TheThumbPuppy Registered User

I'm looking forward to joining our local Lodge of Research, Ars Macionica , once I get raised. They hold three conferences a year, one in English, one in Dutch and one in French.

To me, that is one of the ways I can contribute. I'm not particularly good with people and I'm a dreadful cook. But I can write a paper and make a presentation that doesn't bring the audience to a soporific stupor. That's what I do. Research and analyse in the solitude of my study and present my results in the hope that someone finds them useful.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  4. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

I have an app....Havent filled it out yet...

5. JanneProeliator

JanneProeliator Registered User

I have applied to the national research lodge Minerva 27. I have also been asked to do a reearch about Freemason's apron and it's history

6. JamestheJust

Here is a South American apron

[​IMG]

7. JanneProeliator

I saw this picture on Facebook the other day. do you have any idea where this is and if there is any literature about this?
    Or is this just a masonic garden gnome like some one suggested?

TheThumbPuppy likes this.
  8. TheThumbPuppy

TheThumbPuppy Registered User

I think it's one of the Sinta Klaas speculoos shapes : )
    [​IMG]

9. JamestheJust

"Mexican and Central American antiquities, calendar systems, and history; . Fig. 89. Stone figure from the Uhde collection. SELER] TEMPLE PYRAMID OF TEPOXTLAN 351 Hiiautla in Mr. Kobledos possession. In the old Ulide collection inthe Royal Museum of Ethnology in Berlin there are others of a verysimilar character (hgure 39). These are by no means images ofthe pulque gods, but probably represent Macuil-xochitl, the god ofgaming, who is indeed frequently named together with the pulquegods."

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/museum-ethnology-berlin.html

10. JanneProeliator

THank you brother. I might want to dig into that too.

Share My Freemasonry