My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a story

shutterbug851

Brethren,
Years back a read a short story about an old tiler that showed up late to lodge and the meeting was already in progress. He assumed his position and softly said "I'm here Worshipful". The next day as two officers did one last look in the lodge before the building was to be sold or torn down they found the tiler dead in his seat and the sign in book was full of names of brethren that had died. Anyone have a link to that story?

Fraternally yours,
Michael Spencer, PM
Secretary
Monitor Lodge #197
Hampton, VA 23663

Companion Joe

Premium Member
While what you mention has a serious tone, I figure here is a good place for a light hearted joke:

There were two close friends who had been Masonic Brothers and attended Lodge together for more than 50 years. They had seen good times and bad times, but through it all, they had always gone to Lodge meetings. Realizing their time on Earth was winding down, they agreed that the first one who died would try to contact that other from beyond the grave and let him know whether or not there would be Lodge meetings in heaven. Not long after, one of them died.

A couple of days go by, and sure enough, the living brother hears a noise in the middle of the night. He awakes to see his departed friend. "This is great. It's just like we talked about," he said. "You've come back to let me know if there is Masonry in heaven. I'm so glad to see you. Tell me, quick; will we be able to attend Lodge meetings in Heaven?"

The ghostly brother said, "Well, I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is there is most certainly Masonry in heaven. The bad news is there is a Fellow Craft degree set for Tuesday night, and we've got you down to confer it."

:21: