My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing Your Train of Thought...

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
46661420.jpg

j_gimpy

That happened to me a few days ago. I was on a complete roll, not missing a beat, then I totally blanked mid-sentence, and stumbled after that.

Junior Steward
Phoenix Lodge #154
Sumner, WA

brother josh

Ha we all do it but your brothers are your brothers and they will reach there hand to help you in need I would recommend to have ONE guy being the prompter can get confusing when u get 20 different ways since 20 different ppl got that lecture or ritual differently

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

dfreybur

Premium Member
No worries! You can always count on help from the sidelines, all you need to do is hesitate for a moment. :)

It sucks when the brothers have zero sense of the dramatic. There have been times when I have been glad to meet a man ... pause ... alone. But the sideliners couldn't tell drama from smooth flow of ritual with feeling. I mean from rote memorized ritual without meaning.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
One if the things I love most about my lodge here in CA is that no one is allowed to comment from the sidelines, or even speak while lodge is open. If a prompt is needed, there is a specific Brother (the Officer's Coach) to give it.

jwhoff

Premium Member
When I was in the East at one of my lodges I had to ask a Brother to stop walking around the lodge room during degrees and telling brethren their next line. REALLY!

Yes ... I was kind of surprised that no WM had thought about it before.