Marshall or Junior Steward

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by BrotherCoffeen, May 2, 2012.

1. BrotherCoffeen

BrotherCoffeen Registered User

Which officer position should I do? I'm not sure. Any suggestions? I was raised in January and am looking to become a officer.

2. dreamer

dreamer Registered User

If you are looking to be in the progressive line then I think the Junior Steward is a good start. Also, this position give you up an up close look of the floor work which is a bonus (in my opinion). So, if you choose JS, then remember to earn the Marshal and Senior Steward positions. This should keep you busy and happy. My 2 cents.

3. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

The one you are appointed to, if any.

4. BrotherCoffeen

@dreamer thank you for your opinion. @bill I was ask by the next worshipful master so I'm positive it will be one or the other. Just trying to get some opinions by some of the brothers.

5. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

My first position was Senior Deacon, which I was thankful for, but I felt rushed through the Chairs. I've asked our upcoming Master if I could serve as Tiler or JD..lol.

6. sands67

sands67 Premium Member

IF offered any position I would think Tiler would be best. I have found each position gives you information that helps in the next step to the chair. Remember, however, that a Master is under no obligation to offer and he decides the position he will offer. I skipped a position but when my journey to the chair is over I am hoping to the masters after me will offer me the chance to do the position I missed.

7. BrotherCoffeen

Thanks brothers.

8. Jimmy Shields

Jimmy Shields Registered User

The Master of my lodge asked me to be the senior steward I was a little nervous at first but I'm really enjoying it

9. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

Currently I am the Junior Steward at my Lodge. I am enjoying it as it does enable me to get my feet wet with Degree work, Floor Work, and so on. I guess just starting out it is nice also because other than in a Degree you just sit there so it enables you to learn the process of opening and closing. I also find it nice for remembering language used by the other positions. We don't use a Marshall so that wasn't even a choice. When I was appointed by the WM I didn't get the choice really then either. He asked me if I would serve in some capacity I said yes and JS is where I am.

Share My Freemasonry