My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Baptism (1901) performed by Albert Pike

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
I have uploaded a copy of the Masonic Baptism (1901) published in New Orleans, LA, one of the most diverse and historically rich Scottish Rite jurisdictions.
The piece was translated out of French into English by Jo N. Cheri, a member of the Supreme Council of Louisiana.
upload_2016-9-9_16-14-54.png

Attachments

• Masonic Baptism of the A.A.S.R..pdf
    1 MB · Views: 790

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
Yes, @jdmadsenCraterlake211, the Supreme Council of Louisiana.
It was formed in 1839, by members of various Councils.
Albert Pike and the Supreme Council at Charleston was engaged in a war with James Foulhouze and the SCL.
The Council has made a transition from all white to predominantly African American over the years. They still exist in certain states.
They actually confer the 1-33 degrees. Their 1-3 degrees are conferred in Scottish Rite Craft Lodges.

Below is a listing of the MPSGCs from 1839 tothe present (Phillip Washington is the present MPSGC).

upload_2016-9-9_17-25-45.png

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
@jdmadsenCraterlake211 Yes, they are clandestine. They claim to have lineage through St. Laurent of the Supreme Council of France, and the Supreme Council of the Western Hemisphere that was formed in New York, but I have yet to see any patents or dispensations that sent Santangelo to Louisiana for the purpose of moving the Supreme Council in New York.
The Supreme Council of Louisiana actually merged with the Supreme Council of Charleston in 1858, and Albert Pike received his 33rd by a group of former members of the SCL...I have those proceedings...

chrmc

Brother Mike Poll has made some interesting research regarding the Supreme Council of Louisiana. He was the speaker at Texas Lodge of Research a couple of years ago with a very enlightening talk.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Brother Mike Poll has made some interesting research regarding the Supreme Council of Louisiana. He was the speaker at Texas Lodge of Research a couple of years ago with a very enlightening talk.
Cool Masonic history lesson, thanks.