My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Education

Heaven&Earth

to be honest I believe Masonic education comes from everywhere ..every conversation every word.. we as masons are taught to look at something and be able to break it down so whether its a problem we are dealing with in life or even the simplest things in life like tying a shoe our minds are being put to work.. everything I do , every move I make has something to do with my profession

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
Personal research, through books, internet and interaction with knowledgeable brothers. What ever I learned I try to give back to lodge and asked the WM if he would like an education night. They were generally well received, and provided further light.

Topics included:

Freemasonry in Iran
Traditional Observance Lodges
York Rite Freemasonry as an extension of the Blue Lodge
Etc.

S&F,
-Bro Vick

Mac

Premium Member
Personal research, through books, internet and interaction with knowledgeable brothers. What ever I learned I try to give back to lodge and asked the WM if he would like an education night. They were generally well received, and provided further light.

Topics included:

Freemasonry in Iran
Traditional Observance Lodges
York Rite Freemasonry as an extension of the Blue Lodge
Etc.

S&F,
-Bro Vick

I can't second this line of thought enough. Please share knowledge with your brethren and give a masonic education presentation at your lodge meetings!

bullrack33

Premium Member
I use a myriad of options for gaining more light. Our older and more experienced Brethren, The Lodge's library, Books, the internutz, travel to different lodges,older issues of Texas Masons Magazine, etc.

One source that I have found invaluable is the "Short Talk Bulletin" which is published monthly by the Masonic Service Association. If anyone is interested, here is their website.
http://www.msana.com/stb.asp