Masonic Education

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by LukeD, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson Registered User

I do a LOT of reading. Generally I'm juggling 3 or 4 books at a time, and I also frequent masonic blogs and boards.

2. Heaven&Earth

Heaven&Earth Registered User

to be honest I believe Masonic education comes from everywhere ..every conversation every word.. we as masons are taught to look at something and be able to break it down so whether its a problem we are dealing with in life or even the simplest things in life like tying a shoe our minds are being put to work.. everything I do , every move I make has something to do with my profession

3. Bro_Vick

Bro_Vick Moderator Premium Member

Personal research, through books, internet and interaction with knowledgeable brothers. What ever I learned I try to give back to lodge and asked the WM if he would like an education night. They were generally well received, and provided further light.

Topics included:

Freemasonry in Iran
    Traditional Observance Lodges
    York Rite Freemasonry as an extension of the Blue Lodge
    Etc.

S&F,
    -Bro Vick

4. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

I can't second this line of thought enough. Please share knowledge with your brethren and give a masonic education presentation at your lodge meetings!

5. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Thanks brother coachn. I truly value your amassed body of knowledge.

6. bullrack33

bullrack33 Premium Member

I use a myriad of options for gaining more light. Our older and more experienced Brethren, The Lodge's library, Books, the internutz, travel to different lodges,older issues of Texas Masons Magazine, etc.

One source that I have found invaluable is the "Short Talk Bulletin" which is published monthly by the Masonic Service Association. If anyone is interested, here is their website.
    http://www.msana.com/stb.asp

Share My Freemasonry