My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic shooters

LukeD

Only problem with Cheaper Than Dirt is they think their dirt is gold dust. Great place to visit and drool, but my checkbook is not happy if I shop there. Neither is my wife.

Txmason

Bro. Luke,

Is Buds Gunshop better? Or is cheaper than dirt good when shopping online?

Bro. Jerry

LukeD

Honestly, I use gunbroker or gunsamerica if I buy online. I've even used impact guns because they were having some great deals on Sig rifles. I've only been to the actual cheaper than dirt store. They have a weird set up. The cheaper than dirt store and online/catalogue department are in the same building, but actually two different companies. Never bought from Buds, but heard it was a decent place. Ebang is another site that is helpful if shopping online.

Beathard

Premium Member
Make sure if you order online that you have an FFL on your end the receive the shipment. Many FFLs around here refuse shipments from Cheaper than dirt and Buds.

robert leachman

I've bought one revolver from Buds. No problems w/ my FFL as they are listed
on Buds web page as one they already have an FFL copy on file.

Beathard

Premium Member
A type 1 FFL is only $200 for 3 years. The more expensive ones are for explosives and continued firearms (eg machine guns)

I should have mine in a couple of weeks.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
OK- I looked at the wrong line.

TITLE 27 CFR, CHAPTER II, PART 478—COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION, § 478.42 License fees.

Non-destructive devices

Licensee Application fee Renewal fee

Manufacturer $150 for 3 years $150 every 3 years
Importer $150 for 3 years $150 every 3 years
Pawnbroker $200 for 3 years $90 every 3 years
Dealer $200 for 3 years $90 every 3 years
Collector $30 for 3 years $30 every 3 years

Destructive devices

Manufacturer $3,000 $3,000
Importer $3,000 $3,000
Dealer $3,000 $3,000

Ammunition

Manufacturer $30 for three years $30 every three years

Importers and manufacturers of machine guns, short-barreled rifles and shotguns, and destructive devices must also pay a special occupational tax of $500 per year if gross revenues do not exceed $500,000, and $1,000 if revenues exceed $500,000.

Beathard

Premium Member
Type 1. I had to get it to do engraving and gunsmith work. I can also sell "normal" firearms only $200. Have to live in an area that allows for it in your zoning.

LukeD

That is sweet. You can prob pick them up at cost then. Although I'm not a huge Kel Tec fan, I've been waiting over a year for the PMR 30 chambered in 22mag. 30 rounds in one mag of those little firecrackers. It was an ordeal getting it transferred from TX to MS.