My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Tattoos

ErvAlmighty

My lodge requires suit worn by every member at every meeting. I have work long sleeve shirts every time I have met with members of my lodge but when I did my first degree is when my tattoos were shown. Nobody has brought them up tho. I do not have any masonic tattoos but I do have tattoos on my chest,back, and shoulders.

My Freemasonry HD

Sandip

I have a fraternity tattoo and will be getting a masonic one soon as soon I bring my blood sugar level down.....but at the lodge its purely Masonic Attire. ?.....Black Suits, Black Tie, White Gloves...

My Freemasonry HD

Attachments

• 1382776114151.jpg
    1382776114151.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,695

john76

I am sleeved and was raised with my tattoos visible. I was judged by my character not my appearance. I have visible masonic tattoos and nobody knows what they mean except for one that has received their third degree.

ErvAlmighty

I have about 7 tattoos on my arms and chest. (None below my elbows) I have wondered what the faces of my brothers were when they seen them for the first time lol regardless they are my brothers

Sent From My Freemasonry Mobile App

John Schnitz

Premium Member
I have these on me. Nobody ever said anything to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

Attachments

• 1386279114516.jpg
    1386279114516.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,736
  • 1386279128021.jpg
    1386279128021.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,950
  • 1386279206185.jpg
    1386279206185.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 12,498

Browncoat

I am sleeved and was raised with my tattoos visible. I was judged by my character not my appearance. I have visible masonic tattoos and nobody knows what they mean except for one that has received their third degree.

I have tattoos as well, but nothing Masonic. Wouldn't it be a violation of your obligation by having something like this?

John Schnitz

Premium Member
Nope .its just like wearing a cap,ring or having a sticker on your car. There is no difference. But you need to be a master mason.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

dfreybur

Premium Member
Wouldn't it be a violation of your obligation by having something like this?

Our obligations are about the parts that are secret. The S&C are visible to the public at the front of almost every lodge hall in the country are are therefore not secret. You'd need to have a tattoo that shows (something else that we have to be face to face to demonstrate).

Having an S&C tattoo is about earned versus not earned, not about revealing what is secret.

Browncoat

Our obligations are about the parts that are secret. The S&C are visible to the public at the front of almost every lodge hall in the country are are therefore not secret....

Having an S&C tattoo is about earned versus not earned, not about revealing what is secret.

That's my point, though. Even this forum often has issues distinguishing what is secret vs. what is earned. Who is to say what is considered secret when there is rarely anything the same across jurisdictions? Also, he said only a MM would understand his tattoos. That leads me to believe the tattoo is something specific from that degree and not just the S&C.

john76

Maybe run the question by your W.M. and see what he says. Almost every symbol you can get on a tie, pin, etc. It doesn't hurt to ask before being frowned upon.

DanMorris

I plan on getting an S&C on my arm. I have the attached tattoo on my forearm. Nothing but compliments from my lodge mates. Props to anyone who knows the original author of the snake in my arm!

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1401233036.302575.jpg