My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonry and profession

David612

Had a funny coffee the other day, I an entered apprentice went traveling to a lodge an hour and a bit away with my mentor and worshipful master, there we happened across other brothers from our temple, I spoke with a new entered apprentice (under 1 week) offered him my number and extended an invitation for a cup of coffee.
We caught up in due course and go to speaking about our career, him a real estate developer and builder and me, a real estate agent.
We had a chuckle and moved onto general lodge talk and chit chat, I found myself thinking later about masons building houses togeather....then selling them.
Im looking forward to catching up with this brother again but don’t think we would do business as developments arnt really my bag, but I wondered how common it really is for brothers to have business ventures togeather.

David612

Honestly I don’t see it as a bad thing if they consider the brother because he’s honest, on the level, skilled and of good repute.
What else could u want in a business partner?
If they go into business strictly because they are Brothers well that’s another thing huh