My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master Craftsman II!!!

Clint Stevens

Yes. I picked up a copy at the Biennial Session. The format is similar but there is a longer essay on the 4th and 5th degrees.

If you want to jumpstart the work, just reread the 4th and 5th degree info and try hashing out an essay.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Don't feel behind. I received my Master Craftsman I certification and pen one stated meeting befored I received my hat box.

How have you progressed thus far?

Txmason

What is the Master Craftsman II? Is it continuing education for blue lodge? Sounds interesting!

Best,
Jerry

jwhoff

Premium Member
I stuck mine on the right-hand side of my Scottish Rite hat. I intend to stick the MC II pen next to it and my College of the Consistory pen next to that when I finish that course. Then I plan to look for more light anywhere I can find it. Before it's over, I hope to possess enough light to open my own electric company. Then, maybe I'll be ready to start learning something!

jwhoff

Premium Member
What is the Master Craftsman II? Is it continuing education for blue lodge? Sounds interesting!
It's a program offered to Scottish Rite masons. Once you become a Scottish Rite mason and receive your degrees you can get in the program. Master Craftsman I can be obtained from the Scottish Rite website. For $35 you get a six session course and the necessary books. Once you've completed the six sections you receive a certification and pen. Usually your Valley will present it to you in a stated meeting. Upon completion of Master Craftsman I you can enroll, for another $35 in Master Craftsman II.

Master Craftsman I teaches you the ropes and history of the Scottish Rite with some of the allegory thrown in. Master Craftsman II takes you for a closer look at the 29 additional degrees of the Scottish Rite.

Here's my pitch. If you aren't a member of the Scottish Rite and you have interest in further explanation of masonry, history, or philosophy, you will enjoy the Rite. The Rite is not for everyone. But it is well worth the effort for the open-minded and seeker of allegory. Though called "Scottish" the degrees are mostly French with a few German influences.

Like masonry in general, you will find nothing in the Scottish Rite contrary to your own particular religious creed. You will, however, learn toleration of others. You will find all masonic tenants stressed and supported with each following degree.