My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master Craftsman

Sirius

Just finished the Master Craftsman

Salve Frater!

I just finished the program and I can say without a doubt that I have received More Light in Masonry. Yes, it did cost $35 , but I would have paid more. The book alone is $65 so it's a great bargain AND a superb educational experience. I got the impression that the Supreme Council really cares about education. It always made me grin to see who read my essay. I understand the brother who felt like Einstein was grading his math homework.

I recommend this program to every Scottish Rite Mason.

Gerald.Harris

Premium Member
Premium Member
So would you recommend this for some one that is not a Scottish Rite, but thinking about becoming one?
I would highly recommend the Scotish Rite to any Mason. The additional light you will receive is unbelievable. I have been the reunion Director in Galveston for a while, and each time a reunion is conducted I learn more and more about masonry. As for the Master Craftsman program, I am enrolled, but have not had a second to work on the program other than reading some of the book, and it is fantastic.

R

RJS

Yes, I went ahead and signed up for it too! I just haven't had a chance to really dig into it though. Maybe this weekend if I get some time.

R

RJS

I know I asked you this another thread, but who has the best reunion? I want to see all of the degrees. I want the experience to totally blow me away! Costumes, sets, the whole nine yards.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
I won this course at the Scottish Rite Reunion this past weekend. w00t. Can't wait to get started on it.

Wingnut

Premium Member
Valley of Dallas is one of the few that does every degree @ 2 different reunions a year, the one day in the summer reunion only does the terminal degrees.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Valley of Dallas is one of the few that does every degree @ 2 different reunions a year, the one day in the summer reunion only does the terminal degrees.

Wow - that sounds like a worthwhile trip to see.

Seeing the degrees performed really does create a vivid lasting event.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
One thing about the Masters Program, or the Monitor, is the material is very clearly written and laid out.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but after peeking at Morals and Dogma and some other older works, I expected a rhetorical nightmare. I'm glad they stopped distributing Morals a while ago to new candidates (although I'll probably revisit it someday)

Wingnut

Premium Member
Just to be clear because I sometimes write things assuming people are coming from the space I am... Our reunions are 3 weekends long. They do cover all 29 degrees with the last weekend we also offer a one day degree for those that cant attend all. The way it works is the class that has done the previous 2 weekends are not required to come in till I belive its 11 now. During the morning hours the one day class does the terminal degrees from the previous 2 weekends. Then after lunch they finish the last couple of degrees as a combined class with the rest of the class.

All that have seen all 29degrees get to wear the white cross pocket medal. If you attend the 3day reunion to see all 29, the Valley provides the medal to you for free! Im not 100% sure, but I was told that the only other Valley near us that does all the degrees is Guthrie.