My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master Mason

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
Yesterday I was raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason. I would like to thank the Brothers of district 38 degree team and Floresville lodge #515 for making this a wonderful experience that I will remember the rest of my life. I am proud to have been raised with of my fellow brothers on the same day and to have enjoyed the fellowship that followed.
A lot to take in.

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
I couldn't post a blog for some reason so I will just post this here

Saturday August, 31 2013 2pm
Pulling out of the driveway the DJon the radio says it is 102deg in South Texas. Ouch that ain’tright I say to myself as I turn up the AC a notch and head down mydusty country road. I am heading off to a big event in my life and itis strange to do something big without my wife by my side. Darla maynot be by my side but she is behind me all the way down the road. Shehas even sent me off with Peach cobbler she made for the occasion.When I left the house she gave me a kiss and said to enjoy myself andthat she was very proud of me. WOA what the heck. You would think itwas to hot for deer to be running around.
I arrive at the lodge and take inthe cobbler to the Steward and then go park the car. The first thingI do is go around and greet all the brothers some I know others I amjust meeting for the first time. I am here to be Raised to theSublime Degree of Master Mason. Some of you may have heard it called“being given the third degree”. This is not a bad thing it iswhen you are raised to the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] degree of Master Mason.
I will not tell any of theceremony secrets here all that I will do is tell of the feelings Ihave in the aftermath of being made a Master Mason.
The most dominant feeling I haveis probably Awe. I am in awe of the fact that I have just gonethrough something that George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, SamHouston, and Theodore Roosevelt and many other men around the worldhave gone through. This is compounded with the feeling of BrotherlyLove that was present before during and after the ceremony.
There was Brothers of manydifferent ages present and assisting with ceremony. When completedeveryone was congratulating me and shaking my hand.
Afterword's we had a wonderful mealand of course my beautiful Wife’s Peach Cobbler. There were acouple of the Brothers wife's present to help serve the meal. Theyare both Order Of The Eastern Star. What a big help they were.
My final Observation is that allthese men and women came together on a hot Saturday afternoon onLabor day weekend and together raised two brothers to Master Mason.They did this for the love of the Fraternity and there fellowbrother. I for one Hope I can return the love and honor they showedme on this day in the many years to come.
I am a Master Mason before AlmightyGod and this Lodge.
SO MOTE IT BE

ASK12B1

Last edited:

Chillimaru

Wish we could of made it, the only better thing than being raised is to help another Brother being raised, I've witnessed 2 raisings since mine and every time I see something I didn't remember happening to me, Congratulations My Brother!!!!

Freemason Connect HD

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
Wish we could of made it, the only better thing than being raised is to help another Brother being raised, I've witnessed 2 raisings since mine and every time I see something I didn't remember happening to me, Congratulations My Brother!!!!

Freemason Connect HD
I understand and thank you Brothers.

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
Congrats, my Brother. Now keep polishing and the Ashlar will be perfect for the "House not made with hands..." by the time you are ready to be put in place next to the next stone.

recondo

I go for my 3degree this month... I am very excited..... But very nervous.... It's been alot of hard work

Freemason Connect HD

Gibson90kb

I go for my 3degree this month... I am very excited..... But very nervous.... It's been alot of hard work

Freemason Connect HD

Bring sharp clippers. *Baaaa...*

Kyle Beemer,
Clown Lizard Graphics -Contact me for custom work.
Pitman 197 F&AM