My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership looking up!

Companion Joe

Premium Member
All three of my Blue Lodge degrees were done individually, and all had an impact on me. Going through the York Rite festival and not being the active candidate didn't have much of an impact. It was only after I started doing YR work that I understood the degrees. I truly didn't appreciate the Order of the Temple until years later when I played the part of the candidate one night at a full dress practice and had it re-conferred on me alone.

That's why, my personal preference is one candidate at a time (unless it's a degree where you need more than one). The purpose of degree work is to impress upon the mind wise and serious truths to a man. If it's a degree assembly line, I personally feel like part of that is lost. I don't say it's wrong, just that my preference is one at a time.