My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

metal fans

daddyrich

I know well about the Tragically Hip. I have varied tastes, Love British Invasion Era groups (Mostly Beatles, of course), Classic Roots Reggae/Ska and Dub, lots of punk rock (but mainly old school 70's to early 2000's, Alternative music of the same period. I also grew up immersed in old school hip-hop culture, been a hardcore fan for over 20 years and still have it in regular rotation in the house, just can't stand the rap music that's popular, there's so many good underground artists keeping it alive. I 'd say most everything has stuff I enjoy/love, except Classical, Opera and until recently, Mariachi. But then I heard Mariachi El Bronx and I love their music. Crazy, huh? I have over 150,000 songs in my iTunes so I never run out of things to listen to. Music is every bit as enjoyable and necessary as reading...or breathing.

widows son

Premium Member
Very true. I used to be in a hardcore band as a bassist, we played with a lot of big bands though, like misery signals, horse the band, unearth, and between the buried and me, we always opened for big bands, those days were some of the best in my life

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I listen to a bit of everything. I have classical, rock, country, blues, and jazz to name a few on my mp3 player. I do love metal though. FFDP, Pantera, DevilDriver, The Acacia Strain, Suicidal Tendencies, and lamb of god to name a few. On my Sirius my two most listened to stations are Octane and Liquid Metal.

widows son

Premium Member
Liquid metal is a great channel. We have sirius thought our building at work, and one of the dials for the station is in my office. Sometime in parts of the building you may hear some metal

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I really like that channel the best guy on there is Jose. I also enjoy the "Bloody Roots" show when they play it. There are a couple of bands that I have really grown to like that I first heard on there. Volbeat is one of the first that come to mind and also, The Devil Wears Prada.

crono782

Premium Member
I have a wide range of musical tastes from classical, to hip hop to metal, country and in between. As far as metal goes, I'm partial to Pantera, Slayer, Lamb of God, FFDP, Primer 55.

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
I know well about the Tragically Hip. I have varied tastes, Love British Invasion Era groups (Mostly Beatles, of course), Classic Roots Reggae/Ska and Dub, lots of punk rock (but mainly old school 70's to early 2000's, Alternative music of the same period. I also grew up immersed in old school hip-hop culture, been a hardcore fan for over 20 years and still have it in regular rotation in the house, just can't stand the rap music that's popular, there's so many good underground artists keeping it alive. I 'd say most everything has stuff I enjoy/love, except Classical, Opera and until recently, Mariachi. But then I heard Mariachi El Bronx and I love their music. Crazy, huh? I have over 150,000 songs in my iTunes so I never run out of things to listen to. Music is every bit as enjoyable and necessary as reading...or breathing.

You and I seem to come from the same Music Womb bro! funny how we are on opposite ends of the country!

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
I like the drum rolls in Death Metal, but the vocals are atrocious and the lyrics, well they depend on the band...if you can even understand them...Napalm Death is ok...

Cgrobin

Widows Son, it is not surprising you would like Rush as a bass player. Geddy is arguably one of the best! They have some truly amazing music, but I don't really care for his voice. Before deciding to go back to college, I had the opportunity to start playing bass. I didn't quite make it a full year before other obligations took too much of my time from it. I really miss playing and hope to pick it back up at some point.

As far as I am concerned, Tool is one of the greatest bands ever! I really love hard music such as Mudvayne, Rammstein, Five Finger, Killswitch Engage and Pantera. I grew up during Grunge, so I am also a huge fan of Pearl Jam (early music), Soundgarden and Nirvana. Past that, I am very open in my musical tastes. If my IPod is on shuffle, I can hear everything from 90's pop to classic rap to Metallica, then Hank Williams followed up by OTEP. It can kinda be a shock to the system!

One of my best friends was a drummer in a couple of Texas country bands which allowed me to expand my tastes in that direction. Most TX country really can't be classified as country, but would closer relate to southern fried rock such as Allman Brothers or Skynyrd. Those almost fall into the classic rock genre that I also love!

Music for me is a huge part of my life and really a way to amplify or subdue whatever mood I am going for. It really doesn't serve much "real" use, but it has come in pretty handy in that stinking SongPop game :p

-Chris

CajunTinMan

If you get a chance check out NeedFire. Celtic rock. A little different and not hard but I like them.

Last edited:

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I picked up In This Moment yesterday. They have evolved their sound over the course of their albums. Good stuff. Maria Brink their lead singer has definitely got a great voice. Easy on the eyes too.

ThanatosTA

Premium Member
OK, I just checked out "In this moment" and they friggin rock! I'm going to have to re-read this thread and check out some of the other bands I haven't heard before.

-Scott

P.S. sorry for bringing this post back from the dead....