My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MM new to the Houston area.

SteveR

Hello brethren. I'm Steve, a MM and 32° from the Denver, CO area that just moved into the Houston area in June. It's been a tough transition for me, leaving my mother lodge and my position in line (I was JS in my lodge in CO), but I've already had the privilege of visiting two lodges (looking for my new BL home).

I found this forum and it seems like a great avenue to meet brothers from all across the state. I'd define myself as a philosophical, esoteric Mason, if I had to, but I always hope to grow into a brother without a definition per say. I enjoy masonic education, research, the SR a great deal, writing papers and public speaking. I hope to also join the York Rite, at some point, but for now my BL and the SR keep me busy when I'm involved.

I'm pretty new to Masonry, being a MM for only a few years and a SR Mason for a couple of years, but soak up all I can from every brother I can...everyone has some Divinity within themselves to offer.

Anyway, I thought I would say hello, and thank you for many of the posts I have gotten to read thus far.

-Steve R.

Last edited:

Silent_Knight

Hello Brethren, My name is Michael and I'm from McNairy county Tn. I've been a MM just over four years now. I just entered into The York Rite and am now a Mark Master Mason. My plans are to complete this by the end of September. God willing. I do have a question: How do I upload a picture of myself?

Freemason Connect HD

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Welcome to Texas, Brother, sorry you had to leave your Lodge. I know how it feels to enter a new Jurisdiction...

I met a Brother from Holland #1 last year (he was in Santa Fe while his daughter was in the hospital, and is now a member of Cerrillos XIX) and if he is any indication, Houston Masons are a fine lot.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Thanks brother. Let me be the first Houston mason to return the favor. Judging from your Grand Master I met several years ago at the Grand Lodge of Texas gathering, the brethren of New Mexico deserve the same said praise.

Txmason

@steveR

Welcome to Houston! What lodge are you a member of here in Houston? If you need any help let me know. I am up on Lake Conroe. Just PM me.

Best,
Jerry

Freemason Connect HD

otherstar

Welcome! What part of town are you in? Houston is blessed with Lodges all over (some are quite active).