My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movie Quote Game

luftx

Premium Member
I know, I read the book, and I knew that IT wasn't made into a movie, but a mini-series. I thought we were doing Movie Quotes?

luftx

Premium Member
Ok, if this is against the rules, my apologies, I'll stand by for my 20 lashes with a wet noodle.

From a 1965 Western (Civil War era) and from another of my favorite movies:

: Do you like her?
: Well, I just said I...
: No, no. You just said you loved her. There's some difference between lovin' and likin'. When I married Jennie's mother, I-I didn't love her - I liked her... I liked her a lot. I liked Martha for at least three years after we were married and then one day it just dawned on me I loved her. I still do... still do. You see, Sam, when you love a woman without likin' her, the night can be long and cold, and contempt comes up with the sun.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
lol please I kid. Do not quit the name game blake would get me if I discouraged that. I thought this thread would be dead as soon as it started and it seems to be picking up nothing but steam.

I am will have to think on the quote.

luftx

Premium Member
lol please I kid. Do not quit the name game blake would get me if I discouraged that. I thought this thread would be dead as soon as it started and it seems to be picking up nothing but steam.

I am will have to think on the quote.

I was just kidding, this one is (for the most part) more enjoyable than the name game, it's too easy.

I just was in a bad mood earlier with my posts, with no job and everything, doesn't take much to spin me up!

As far as the movie goes (and HOPEFULLY it wasn't TV movie) it's a GREAT movie. Let me know if you need another hint, like the star(s)..

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I am stumped on the movie gonna need some help.
just so you know as well Brother Luftx, Scott, Owls84 and I are officers of the same lodge so we give each other extra hard time for the fun of it, kinda like real Brothers do. Did not want you to think I am a nut breaker. :001_wub:

luftx

Premium Member
not a problem, trying to figure out the next clue is my problem. Let's try this:

Imagine the following in Jimmy Stewart's voice:

[at the site of his wife's grave]
Charlie Anderson: I don't even know what to say to you any more, Martha. There's not much I can tell you about this war. It's like all wars, I guess. The undertakers are winning. And the politicians who talk about the glory of it. And the old men who talk about the need of it. And the soldiers, well, they just wanna go home. I guess you're not so lonely any more, with Ann and James and Jacob. And maybe the boy. You didn't know Ann, did you? Well, you'd like her. You'd like her, Martha. Why, she and James are so much alike, they're just like... no... no... we were never that much alike, were we Martha? We just sorta grew alike through the years. But I wish, I wish I could just know what you're thinking about it all, Martha. And maybe it wouldn't seem so bad to me if I knew what you thought about it.
[He notices the church bells are ringing]
Charlie Anderson: You never give up, do you?

====

Hope that helps,

Robert
(Dang, I just knew that everyone knew that movie)