My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies with esoteric themes

Winter

Premium Member
Sean Connery, right? Is it about the KT?

Sean Connery and Michael Caine. But not Templars. If you haven't seen it, I won't ruin it for you.

"Based on a short story by Rudyard Kipling, this adventure film follows the exploits of Peachy Carnehan (Michael Caine) and Danny Dravot (Sean Connery), English military officers stationed in India. Tired of life as soldiers, the two travel to the isolated land of Kafiristan, where they are ultimately embraced by the people and revered as rulers. After a series of misunderstandings, the natives come to believe that Dravot is a god, but he and Carnehan can't keep up their deception forever.

CLewey44

Sean Connery and Michael Caine. But not Templars. If you haven't seen it, I won't ruin it for you.

"Based on a short story by Rudyard Kipling, this adventure film follows the exploits of Peachy Carnehan (Michael Caine) and Danny Dravot (Sean Connery), English military officers stationed in India. Tired of life as soldiers, the two travel to the isolated land of Kafiristan, where they are ultimately embraced by the people and revered as rulers. After a series of misunderstandings, the natives come to believe that Dravot is a god, but he and Carnehan can't keep up their deception forever.
Interesting. I've seen it around. May have to check that out.

hanzosbm

Premium Member
The Man Who Would Be King (1975). One of my favorite classic movies. Should be required viewing for Masons! :)
Southern California Research Lodge just devoted this month's entire issue to Rudyard Kipling and The Man Who Would Be King.

David612

Seems logical....Live Aid was in London.
I didn't think is way out of place at all.

It wasn’t relevant to the movie in the slightest and logos aren’t ever just in the background of movies- they are deliberate.
being in London I’m not sure explains it as we don’t know anything about the hand it was on, to assume they are a London local given the lineup and spectacal this was ment to be may be erroneous- however that’s just speculation.
Why add the ring?
I assume there is a story there

CLewey44

Wife and daughter saw Bohemian Rhapsody and loved it...heres one for the conspiracy theorists; Bohemian Grove... (queue Twilight Zone music)

Last edited:

Elexir

To understand Apocalypse now its good to read "Heart of darkness" wich was inspiration.
Not that masonic but highly psyholigical.