My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving to a different city

dew_time

I petitioned the lodge in the city I live and work in. In a couple weeks I will be moving to a village that has no lodge. Can I still be an active member of the lodge I petitioned or do I have to transfer another?

Freemason Connect Mobile

ARizo1011

Premium Member
First off go to the lodge you petitioned at and talk to your brothers and explain to them that you are moving. You can ask them for "Courtesy degree work" at a lodge near you where you will be moving and then become a member at the lodge you petitioned at. Or you can get a full transfer. Good luck in your Masonic Travels.

Freemasonry

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I petitioned the lodge in the city I live and work in. In a couple weeks I will be moving to a village that has no lodge. Can I still be an active member of the lodge I petitioned or do I have to transfer another?

As you were living in the jurisdiction of the Lodge you petitioned at the time you petitioned, you can remain an active member of that Lodge. You can transfer if you so desire, once you become a MM, but you are not required to do so.

dew_time

As you were living in the jurisdiction of the Lodge you petitioned at the time you petitioned, you can remain an active member of that Lodge. You can transfer if you so desire, once you become a MM, but you are not required to do so.

Very good!

Freemason Connect Mobile