My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My beginnings

R

Ruger

Growing up my mother and grandmother would occassionally make the comment " You should be a mason when you grow up" . It never really registered what they meant until I was in my late teens. I had worked around many masons through the years and had developed some close friendships with them. I also had an Uncle raised a Master Mason during this time. Now keep in mind, these men help steer me in the right direction and were men I really looked up to as roll models. Several years passed and I had filled out an application for the Elks Lodge. I was talking with Glen and telling him about wanting to join the Elk's Lodge. I knew he was a Mason and my uncle was a mason and I knew the kind of men they were and what they stood for. Those comments from by mother and grandmother surfaced in my mind and I ask Glen how you became a Mason. he told me I had taken the first step and presented me with a petition. I filled it, went through the investigation and waited. I received confirmation I was accepted to be initiated in the Masonic Lodge and the Elk's Lodge. I could not afford both and chose the Masonic Lodge. It remains the best decision I could have made. Brother masons continue to help shape my life.

I was raised a MM in 1982 in Liberty Lodge #48. I am a PM of Deer Park Lodge 1362 and am the chapter director of the Gulf Coast Travelers of the Freemasons Riding Club. Although I am a member of Arabia Shrine in Houston, my heart is in Blue Lodge. I really enjoy the degree work.

I had the honor of raising my son as a MM when he was 23 and look forward to the day my youngest is old enough to be raised. I can not think of a better group of men for my kids to be associated with and have as roll models.

Last edited by a moderator: