My New Ring

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by S.Courtemanche, Feb 27, 2011.

1. S.Courtemanche

S.Courtemanche Premium Member

I ordered a ring a few weeks ago from Jems by Jem http://store.jemsbyjem.com/mamari.html this ring not only was done under four weeks, but is a beautiful ring. The craftsman of this ring far exceeded what I expected. If anyone is looking for a ring that will last a lifetime for the working man this is it, thanks Jem.

Oh and on a side note they are located in Houston Texas. :cool:

2. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I have purchased several rings from Brother Gordon Spurlock, and I have always been satisfied with the craftsmanship and durability of his rings.

I had to have the "stone" replaced on my first ring a year ago because I broke it in several places and the gold tone had worn away. I requested a different style Sq&Css placed back on the ring that I thought would be more durable, and Brother Gordon repaired and replaced it for me free of charge. Also, I ordered a ring for my Commandry membership and it got lost in the mail; I e-mailed Brother Gordon about the status and he soon had a second ring made up and shipped to me, once again free of charge.

I personally recommend this company to any working class Mason, the product is built to last and they stand behind the product 100%!!

As much as I would love for this company to be "Texas Based" unfortunately it is not. Brother Gordon's address is:
    113 Baumgardner Circle · Brunswick · Georgia · 31523

Jems by Jem is a 2nd party dealer for Brother Gordon.

http://www.gordonsmasonicrings.com/

3. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

I do a lot of overseas work, and I do not want to risk losing my Grandfather's heirloom ring. I got a terrific ring from Jems, and I am just delighted with it. I recommend them highly!!

4. tmcguire

tmcguire Premium Member

After nearly a year of looking, I finally found a ring that I couldn't live without. I only wish I could get it in stainless. My only concern with stainless is that I am unsure if a jeweler can resize it if it ever needs resizing...or if I would need to take it to a machinist. Gold would be nice...but the current price of gold (investment gold discussions aside) is a bit high. So, for now I'll enjoy a Silver version.

http://www.pinwire.com/wp-content/gallery/misc-images/tom-with-light.jpg

5. KFerguson84

KFerguson84 Premium Member

Thank you for this link, Brother Stewart. I just ordered my ring. I had a cheap one previously which I wore for like two days until it started to wear off on my finger so I junked it. This will be my first good Masonic ring, thanks to the craftsmanship of Brother Gordon. I am very excited.

6. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Thanks for the information all. Glad to see the jeweler is here in Houston. Makes for a more personal relationship and a shorter drive. I'll stow this e-mail address away for future use.

7. Tony Siciliano

Tony Siciliano Premium Member

I have a Lodge ring from Jem that is fantastic.

Here's another great fellow who has a couple of rings worth considering. If you are looking for a classy, affordable Masonic ring - please check out Tom Williams on Etsy.com. He runs a shop called "southerncrossdesigns". Class act. I ordered the ring with the horizontal lines, and he accidentally sent me the other ring. When I contacted him about it, he told me to keep the first ring (!!), and that he'd send me the right one! Not only that, but he included a nice S&C lapel pin with the second ring. Like I said, the guy is a class act and deserves your business. Check him out.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/southerncrossdesigns?ref=pr_shop

8. choppersteve03

choppersteve03 Premium Member

brother gordon does great work, iam going to order mine from him. i have talked with him several times, he is a delightful brother to talk with and his rings are beutiful. the one i have seen made by him are excelent quality,and definately well crafted.

Share My Freemasonry