My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Newborn Niece

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Well, yesterday my younger sister gave birth to her second child yesterday, a beautiful baby girl named Alyssa. Everything seemed to be going great until the staff informed us that her blood platelets were extremely low. They gave her a transfusion and her body reacted in a very positive way, but the doctors still need to check her bone marrow tomorrow to see if this transfusion kick started her body into producing its own platelets.

She seems stable so far, but we don't know what exactly caused her low count. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, yesterday my younger sister gave birth to her second child yesterday, a beautiful baby girl named Alyssa. Everything seemed to be going great until the staff informed us that her blood platelets were extremely low. They gave her a transfusion and her body reacted in a very positive way, but the doctors still need to check her bone marrow tomorrow to see if this transfusion kick started her body into producing its own platelets.

She seems stable so far, but we don't know what exactly caused her low count. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Thoughts and prayers my Brother.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Well, she's out of the NICU for now, but they still are waiting on results of the bone marrow biopsy performed today (won't know until Monday). She is with my sister in her room and may go home with her this weekend.

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
Many prayers are being offered for Alyssa and the rest of your family KSigmason. Please keep us informed.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Test results came back and she is starting to produce platelets!! They will test her again next week to see how she is doing.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Best wishes for this newborn girl. From Italy a thrice fraternal hug.
She is doing good. This weekend I spent time with my family and she is just as adorable as ever. This next week we should get the final OK.

I loved Italy when I visited in 2011. Visited a Lodge in Firenze...very beautiful and the Brothers were very hospitable.