Need another reason govt shouldn't be in the airport security business?

Discussion in 'The Refreshment Lounge' started by JTM, Jan 15, 2010.

1. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

From: http://gothamist.com/2010/01/14/8-year-old_boy_cant_get_name_off_ai.php

So, still need more?

2. HKTidwell

HKTidwell Premium Member

Hey that kid might be a threat! You know these boy scouts are so dangerous we are trying to keep them out of schools, off planes, and out of the way!

Sorry but the loss of common sense in America is going to be our death.

3. drapetomaniac

drapetomaniac Premium Member Premium Member

U.S. Sen. Edward M. "Ted" Kennedy said yesterday that he was stopped and questioned at airports on the East Coast five times in March because his name appeared on the government's secret "no-fly" list.

Federal air security officials said the initial error that led to scrutiny of the Massachusetts Democrat should not have happened even though they recognize that the no-fly list is imperfect. But privately they acknowledged being embarrassed that it took the senator and his staff more than three weeks to get his name removed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A17073-2004Aug19.html

4. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

That must be some old info. If not I am scared! LOL

5. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

That no-fly list is stupid. There is a better way of doing this, but some would consider it discriminative. We know has been blowing up planes in the last few years.

6. drapetomaniac

THAT's how bad it is :blink:

7. drapetomaniac

Stuffing people on a no fly by name based on vague and poor research is only slightly more competent than putting EVERYBODY around those people on the list *as well* based on zero research.

8. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

i'm pretty sure it's more of the "zero research" type of information gathering...

Share My Freemasonry