My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need assistance StarLodge #197

StevenHayesTN

I grew up at this lodge, as a kid, both of my uncles, of course brothers, grandfather DEFINITELY, when he passed, everything was taken to the lodge by titers, nothing has been returned, I was unable to ask him to start me into the lodge as a member, not a runabout kid, my Uncles, I dont live in the same state any more, one passed, I have lost contact and cannot find any of them. I was never able to ask my Grandfather to be one, My father passed shortly after my grandfather, then my uncle, the Uncle that is left, I cannot find.

Now I am in Texas, I do NOT want to print out forms, and mail, the tradition my Grandfather brought me in, WAS ASK ONE TO BE ONE. you must walk up, shake his hand, and ASK. email/mail paper/signature, is very IMPERSONAL.

I would like to meet a good brother, shake his hand, and ask to be one, in his lodge, here in fort worth.

StevenHayesTN

btw, i've reached 40, lost after grandfather passed, live in Tex now, always searching for a truth, and find nothing that I look for, I remember when I was 26, he mentioned I was looking in the wrong places, just ask him, I never understood what he was truly saying until now. I've done college, I work for myself now, I refuse to work for others. I'm interesting with computers, can make anything grow and produce with no pests organically, all kinds of things, I grew up cutting slate off the side of the Smokeys', with Blalocks. Oh, John Russel And Evelyn Rose Hayes, James Stephen Hayes.

LK600

Premium Member
Go t0 this site and locate a lodge or three near your location:

http://grandlodgeoftexas.org/lodge-locator/

I'm sure there are several Texans on here, so give them some time to see your post and follow up. In the mean time, the link above should get you going for places to go shake some hands. The best of luck.

StevenHayesTN

I never find a Titer out at the one down town and the doors always locked hah, which rightly so it should be, let me look again see if I can find one near White Settlement.

StevenHayesTN

Go at any of those times listed?? AND THANK YOU, for reminding me about that site I could not get it to co operate on mobile, now my laptops back up, I am a traveling man, I work all over.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-05-27 11-46-14.png
    Screenshot from 2017-05-27 11-46-14.png
    370.5 KB · Views: 268

StevenHayesTN

It seemed more frequent when I was younger we were always there it seemed though, this is like.. seemed like every weekend I'd knock a Tiler would answer, yell for my grandfather, and then we'd go fish the pond on sky harbour a few hours, he'd go back, i'd go hunt pheasent, basically.

Phil P

What I did was visit the lodge at their regular stated meeting night & had dinner. This is a very good way for the members to get to know you. I turned in my petition in December of last yr, interviewed in January, voted on in February & then finally "Entered" in March. Been a great experience thus far