My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New membership

ErvAlmighty

What is the average amount of EA's accepted to your lodge a year? My lodge has had 6 new members entered in the past 2 months including myself. 2 of my friends have also been voted in last week which will make the total 8. Just curious cause the worshipful master of my lodge said this is a great year for membership so I'm guessing this is a huge amount compared to the average number.

My Freemasonry

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Most lodges that are regular cannot initiate, pass or raise more than 5 people at a time without dispensation so you will usually see a max of 10 new initiates a year if they do an EA in the beginning of the year and an EA after coming back from summer break (if the lodge goes dark)

I was initiated in a group of three total in April of '13. We all were passed and raised together as well. Some parts were one at a time though for the full experience. Master Masons know to what I allude ;)

We initiated one candidate the month we returned from being dark making our lodge total 4 for the year.

Last edited:

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
One of my Lodges has done an EA a week in the past, though it's usually closer to one a month. Another Lodge I know of does perhaps one a year. Different rules, different models.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Statistics for California in the Proceedings for year 2012.

Membership 2011 was 57250
Membership 2012 was 55112

Initiated 1775, Passed 1324, Raised 1254

Number of chartered lodges 338

So the average in California for 2012 was five and a quarter candidates per year per lodge. The idea of an average/median is inadequate. You'd want the mode (most common) and standard deviation as well. The variation is huge.