My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newspapers and Degrees

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Would it be permissible to publish a newspaper article about a Brother who has just reached the sublime degree of a Master Mason? I was thinking about writing something and/or have a picture of him with his Apron on. Just not sure if it would be acceptable.

R

RJS

That is a good question. I think I have heard that if it is alright with the newly raised MM then it is OK. It is just EA and FC information that is not supposed to be published.

Wingnut

Premium Member
EA and FC are forbidden to be published in any form, MM I believe would be ok. At one time officer installations here in McKinney were front page stories! They even put in when our traveling degree team did degrees in other towns and cities.

nick1368

yes it is ok..or it used to be. We have several paper clippings in our lodge scrapbook from when they did MM degress and installations during the 50's & 60's.

J

jwardl

Names of MM's are public, and are published annually. So long as the brother in question takes no issue with it, should be no problem.

B

Brother Secretary

yes, MM is okay, but I agree with jwardl. I wouldn't publish an article about someone else. "Let Chuck tell Chuck's story."