Not offending others with Masonic emblems ??

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Travelling Man91, Jan 12, 2016.

1. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

I have an heirloom ring from my Grandfather. I wear it only on special occasions. I have a stainless-steel ring for everyday use.

2. flipster

flipster Registered User

Pardon my lack of clarity. The story was shared last week. The topic of swimming was last August. The upshot of the story, loss of the ring, was at that time. He was saddened to have lost an irreplaceable keepsake.

3. jermy Bell

jermy Bell Registered User

I wear a hoodie in the winter with a huge square and compass on the front with mason under it. I wear my baseball cap, usually backwards just about everywhere I go. I don't worry if I offended anyone. Maybe someone is wearing a team Jersey I don't like. I mind my own, but if someone has a question I am always happy to help answer most questions. And talk to a few who are interested in the craft.

4. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

I wear Masonic, Patriotic and Military items all the time and if i offend someone they can remove themselves from the situation.
    I don't go out of my way to offend but I'm not going to change anything I wear/display either.

5. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I wear either a S&C or 32nd Degree AASR ring, and have S&C, 32nd Degree AASR and HRA emblems on my car and my Motorcycle. My wife has an Eastern Star emblem on her car (no place to put one on her motorcycle!) I also often wear a ball cap with a S&C or a T-shirt or Polo shirt with an S&C and my Lodge name and number when I am out and about on my free time.

The only times anyone has commented on any of it were either fellow Brethren or folks who know Masons or want information about the Craft. I have never had a negative encounter and I go under the assumption that there are folks out and about with stuff on their cars and shirts that is WAY more potentially confrontational than a Masonic symbol.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. tomoso

tomoso Registered User

I take off my ring when I play golf and when I travel to Italy. Both for comfort, because literally, "When in Rome...."

7. Bobby V

Bobby V Registered User

As a veteran and a Mason, I have many articles of clothing that identify me as both a veteran of the Air Force and Army and as a Mason. I'm proud of my military service and my devotion to the principles of our great fraternity. I have an AASR badge on my motorcycle and an S&C emblem on both cars and I always wear my Masonic ring. When traveling domestically or internationally, my identification as a veteran and a Mason has always placed me within reach of a kindred spirit.

Bobby Vandenbush
    Fairport-Flower City #476
    Fairport, NY
    Raised 1974

Past Commander (2015-2019)
    American Legion Love Field Post 453
    Dallas, TX

Warrior1256, Bloke and CLewey44 like this.
  8. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Greetings from Fairport, Bro. Bobby. I actually just joined the VFW Post here as well. Hope to meet you sometime in Lodge.

Clint

9. Bobby V

Bobby V Registered User

Just finished reading your well-researched article on Masonic Rosicrucianism and its Descendants. I was surprised to find it authored by a brother of my lodge. Sad to hear of the passing of Bob Cameron, he was raised a year before me and a friend. If I was interested in learning more about Masonic Rosicrucianism, where would you suggest I start?

10. Hiran C

Hiran C Registered User

I do not hide my masonic ring. The ring is more of a moral compass for myself and not to impress others. When I am having difficult times, I always look at my ring and recall masonic principles and values. To hide it (in my opinion) means you're ashamed of it or want to pacify the feelings of someone else. That's not how I'm built.

Bill Lins, Warrior1256 and jermy Bell like this.
  11. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

There are actually a number of publications. The Christian Rosenkreutz legend is told in the trilogy of books called Fama Fraternitatis, Confessio Fraternitatis and The Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz. The Kybalion (rumored to be written by Fairport Lodge's very own Paul Foster Case), The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order: The Original Edition by Case also. A good intro into the GD is Cicero's Essential Golden Dawn. Easy read, interesting as well.

12. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Agreed.
    Same with me.
    Likewise.

13. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

I couldn't help but have the image of the well known meme in my head when I read this, quoted above by Warrior1256. I pray if I offend you that you will forgive me, but I had to post this.

[​IMG]

Hasaf, Warrior1256 and Bill Lins like this.
  14. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Lol....I saw this meme on Facebook.

15. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

That image has been going around for at least fifteen years.

Warrior1256 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry